gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 04:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Its cleaned up nice... (T/A and Tuffs)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Its cleaned up nice... (T/A and Tuffs)  (Read 761 times)

dannywhiteley

Its cleaned up nice... (T/A and Tuffs)
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Well, its come up nice for a survivor.  What do you reckon?

Got a pair of flights comin, and a few other nice bits...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 05:47 PM by dannywhiteley »

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Its cleaned up nice... (T/A)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:07 AM »
 :) Very nice.Now can I come round and play chess?

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 12:08 AM »
That looks a sweet survivor  :daumenhoch:

What kinda flights ? , old ones I hope  ;)

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 07:31 AM »
king takes bishop  :LolLolLolLol:  sorry no nowt about chess  ::)  thats cleaned up a treat   :4_17_5:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Nope, new flights im afraid.  After paying for this, and the alloy hubbed tuffs I got with it, could only stretch to a new pair...

Its my dream frame, really pleased with the finish.  It not perfect (especially the forks), but not bad for a 25 y/o (early Jap model) survivor.

BTW, chess not allowed on that floor anymore after the missus caught me playing with the pawn.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:30 PM by dannywhiteley »

magna13

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 11:26 AM »
very nice! perfect survivour  :daumenhoch:

adeshere

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 02:35 PM »
you sure you were not bashing the bishop  :LolLolLolLol:

scowey

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Beautiful...

ya gotta love the t/a  :4_17_5:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Nope, new flights im afraid.  After paying for this, and the alloy hubbed tuffs I got with it, could only stretch to a new pair...

Its my dream frame, really pleased with the finish.  It not perfect (especially the forks), but not bad for a 25 y/o (early Jap model) survivor.

BTW, chess not allowed on that floor anymore after the missus caught me playing with the pawn.

Seems a shame with such a nice survivor frame & forks  :( , could you save some more money in the next 2 months or so to get the old cranks ? .

I can understand the twin pinch if it's gonna be a rider ridden regularly but IMO there's too many peeps on here with a lack of patience who want to build things as quick as possible without searching out the right parts . Hunting down the parts , doing the deals etc is half of the excitement with planning a build . 

dannywhiteley

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Yeah, I fully understand where your coming from.  But the position I am in means I will never be able to afford (or justify) a period pair.  Well, maybe one day, but for the time being cannot justify it.

Hopefully the wheels that are going on it will meet with a more favourable response ;)

From this (and this is after first wash)

To this...

Best product I found for bring back the blackness, was that Turtle Wax black car bumper treatment.  Lay it on thick and it absorbs leaving a lovely deep black colour (pics dont do it full justice) and little residue to wip off.  I suppose its the benefit of previously being into my VW's and having lots of car products.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Its cleaned up nice... (T/A and Tuffs)
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Wheels looking good Danny  ;)

These were a bargain for someone last week , wonder if the winner is on here ?? ....................................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REDLINE-FLIGHTS-CRANK-BMX-OLD-SCHOOL-175-ARMS_W0QQitemZ330228522034QQihZ014QQcategoryZ109118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Dan the TA and Tuffs look fooking lovely mate, spurs me on now to get mine done! Post up more pics mate as it progresses  :smitten: :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 10:07 AM »
Thanks mate.

Scrubbed up the muddy blue tyres that came with it in the bath last night, as they are hardly used.  Not while I was in the bath of course, but did the job and they have come up like new. :)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 10:20 AM »
looks good danny. why not get some redline proline flights as they are single pinch. they are slightly boxier than 401's but look similar, and are way cheaper if your on a budget.

i've got some on my laserlite until I get my 400's back from storage and they look fine and are strong.

you can always upgrade later if you want. I know what peeps are saying, but at the end of the day its your build mate.

keep us updated on progress.

marc :daumenhoch:

edit: didnt read properly above so if you already bought flights ignore what I said above.  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 10:22 AM by kuwahero »

Offline funkyfresh

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Thanks mate.

Scrubbed up the muddy blue tyres that came with it in the bath last night, as they are hardly used.  Not while I was in the bath of course, but did the job and they have come up like new. :)
There's nothing wrong with sharing a bath with old school BMX stuff...they need the love!

Seriously though, you've done a good job so far getting them up to scratch...has also spurred me to clean up my survivor T/A...

dannywhiteley

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Added a few new bits yesterday...  Blue tyres washed and refutted to the black tuffs and fitted to bike.  DK stem, GT bars, seat, brakes etc.

Coming together nicely, will get some pics up when its done.

Will need a better seat (got an Kashimaz Aero copy atm), and still need some blue pedals in 9/16's.  Also need to replace the blue mushroom copy grips with better ones when I fnd some.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Its cleaned up nice... (T/A and Tuffs)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx