gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  new skool tech or air tricks, what's your view
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new skool tech or air tricks, what's your view  (Read 2356 times)

bmxer4ever

Re: new skool tech or air tricks, what's your view
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 12:01 AM »
Tech to me is hard variation, or combo, in the air OR on the ground.
What tricks would you call tech and which are not?

macky

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 12:23 AM »
Yeahh.. same.. 'tech' to me is degree of difficulty... or combo tricks...

A no hand to toboggan to turndown over a box, to me is technical...

most new skool riders i know see 'tech' as liptrick combo's... ice pick to tyre tap to footjam nose pick...

to me tech is just difficulty!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:25 AM by DaveMc. »

Longun

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 10:59 AM »
For me it's about flow and smoothness. Sometimes I think that techiness (if that's even a word) can detract from a run because it breaks up the rhythm, like when a rider puts in too many variations into one air rather than holding one position. It just makes the bike get thrown around everywhere and looks out of control. It's possible to do tech stuff but keep a flow going - watching good flatland shows that - so if that can be combined with some tasty big air that'll work for me.   

bmxer4ever

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 10:13 PM »
For me it's about flow and smoothness. Sometimes I think that techiness (if that's even a word) can detract from a run because it breaks up the rhythm, like when a rider puts in too many variations into one air rather than holding one position. It just makes the bike get thrown around everywhere and looks out of control. It's possible to do tech stuff but keep a flow going - watching good flatland shows that - so if that can be combined with some tasty big air that'll work for me.   

Flatland with big air....hmmmmmm....need to work on my airs!

It seems that most people are classing "tech" as liptricks?

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 11:28 PM »

Flatland with big air....hmmmmmm....need to work on my airs!

It seems that most people are classing "tech" as liptricks?

yes it's todays lip tricks that i find really boring,  the latest is a knee jam :-\  it's just so boring,  it's getting gimmicky at the mo,

like any new weird style is now a new trick,  >:(

For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 11:43 PM »
i don't class any air trick as 'tech'. it's just an air variation if it has more than one trick!

'tech' for me is all about brake and peg control on and around any coping, ledge, bank, sub box, you name it if theres brake and peg combos going on thats tech.

speaking of which i had a nice little tech session at creation tonight, pulled some nice stuff on the mini, kind of evolved as the session went on:

smith - 180 tap - to pedal feeble - 270 back in. then

pedal feeble - to tap - to fakie in. then

smith - 180 tap- to pedal feeble - to tap - to fakie in.

was a good night!

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 08:34 AM »
I read the "Billy doing a 540" post before I read this one. My first thought when I saw that video was.......... Go on Billy, if its come that easy to you get them dialled nice and high and with some style.
Tech tricks are cool but stylish airs are better

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  new skool tech or air tricks, what's your view

gfxgfx
gfx gfx