gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  BACKYARD JAM..will they ever start again
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BACKYARD JAM..will they ever start again  (Read 2668 times)

yoda

Re: BACKYARD JAM..will they ever start again
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Fk it, Backyard is BMX... tell me if Im out of order but we need to get Stu and the troups to support the possibillity of there being a Backyard 08.... maybe not going to happen now but 09!....... what gives... come on guys lets seee what your made of....

Trev

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 12:04 AM »
When did the Backyard Jams first start?
I'm sure I went to one of them. But it was just as I was about to stop riding (or I might have actually stopped by then).

All I really remember about it was that they seemed to only have one CD that was on repeat. It was the Nirvana Nevermind CD. I think that was a Backyard Jam. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

yoda

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 12:13 AM »
Scary

firebird4130

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 01:37 AM »
I think I have that nirvana CD somewhere, now all we need is a ramp and an afro  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 05:41 PM »
the nirvana cd was 92, i have the video somewhere :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 05:58 PM »
get it back on ,im up for that... before something else falls of me ..
whos got stu's email  i had it when i got some forks  .we can give them a nudge
you never know.

Steve Shindig

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Sorry to hoot my own.... but I'm pretty proud of a couple of Backyard Jam memories.  95, I landed on my face doing a 540 on vert, a clip of that crash made it onto the BMX MEN video from Allied.  Then 96 I won the C-Group vert comp...  Still crashed a 540 then though... haha.

welsh denny

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Im happy and proud to say I made nealry every backyard jam, i think the only one i didnt get to was the first one - I used to go on mass with the dvon and cornwall lot - and remember a very very young and drun Tommy Bowers from Saltash  nailing his nadsack to some wood. He also jumped the chasm that day too. I used to love those events, mikie richardson, Tim Ruck, Kev Perry, and tons of us form the south west used to pitch up our tents then drin cider the entire time. Ieven remember getting hoffman to sign my cider bottle as it was all I had in my possession.
We , however, could handle our devon-fall-over-apple-liquid and never started any sh1t, just had a damn good time without fooking theplace up.
I will say however, that devon legen Andy Quest claim sto have started the plastic bottle chucking next to the vert ramp as DMC was about to drop in... I for one believe him. Also Id never try and stop him as he is the size of two men welded togther with pure muscle!
Happy days.
steve

questy was a man mountain. though he seemed an ok bloke on the occasions i met him. did some filming with questy,tommy,colin and martyn tambling around 98/99 for my 'tidy' video- plus colin and martyn sent me some footage from back home at saltash for it. a friend of yours (max patten- lives in cardiff now)) introduced me to a rider who was getting good at a young age- martyn tambling. i remember him as a  young 15 year when he bought 'bcr on the vcr' video off me at sk8 and ride back in 97. he was good then, good to see he kept it up and is now one of the top brit riders.

Sorry to hoot my own.... but I'm pretty proud of a couple of Backyard Jam memories.  95, I landed on my face doing a 540 on vert, a clip of that crash made it onto the BMX MEN video from Allied.  Then 96 I won the C-Group vert comp...  Still crashed a 540 then though... haha.

so it was you steve.  :LolLolLolLol:
prob got it on tape somewhere. i will eventually get a load of the footage sorted for you.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  BACKYARD JAM..will they ever start again

gfxgfx
gfx gfx