gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A Question for TJ Baldwin???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Question for TJ Baldwin???  (Read 2927 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
A Question for TJ Baldwin???
« on: April 14, 2008, 04:08 PM »
TJ, tell us about you, I never really noticed you till recently, you are one mad bad sketchy and rad rider. Where did you come from, whats your history, and why oh why do you frighten the life out of me when your racing???
A long time ago, in a land far away!

thecrooch

Re: A Question for TJ Baldwin???
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Did anyone notice the TJ Jr.? only about 7 or 8 but one for the future!!!

im still in awe as to how he rode the second speed jump in the first straight - front wheel didnt hit the ground for about 10 feet before and 15 feet after it..  class!

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 04:29 PM »
i knew him from the late 80's early 90's when riding 20" fast as fook then and pedaling everything, thats why i signed him up for SE

Come on T J, history & pics

b45t4rd

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:53 PM »
One of the racers from c0cksmoor used to talk about a Tony Baldwin. He used to, what can only be described as "nose bonk"  :LolLolLolLol: the middle of the 3 on a set of triples or the second on a set of doubles. Hard to explain but scary! Don't know if it was true tho :)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:08 PM »
When i saw him in practise yesterday i thought Crumbs look at him go. So rad it's untrue. Classy and speedy.

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

BMXpert

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 06:38 PM »
One of the 1st riders to have the modern Euro style.
Pick up, and pedal everything when most were fannying about trying to jump stuff.
The nose bonk stories were all true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_fox

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 07:48 PM »
Tony was in my age group when we were young. I couldn't beat him then, so I don't see why I should even try now. ;D

Top bloke, and a top scoup for Jai and the SE team. :4_17_5:

T J BALDWIN

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Thanks for all your comments and apraisals ! didn't realise that I had made such an impact on your thoughts.

My story starts at the age of 11  when I started riding BMX.
 One night I made a 5 mile journey on my bike to a local track in Hereford , where there was many people practising . This night was the start of my BMX racing. I was riding round the track , and some of the locals said to try and jump the last triples (which were big at the time!!) and to no surprise I didn't make it , and I fell off! So from here I kept trying till I succeded .
I was aproached by a man called Brian Dukes , who asked me would I like to go with him and his son to a race meeting . So I did ! He also gave me a bike to ride because mine wasn't good enough .
He took me racing with him and his son every week all over the country . Then his son broke his wrist, he gave up but Brian carried on taking me to every meeting even going abroad , and paid for everything !
It was just because he always said that I had good potential to ride BMX.
I didn't realise until nowadays - that I would never have got a sponsor like I had at that time -
At the age of 13 - I was number 1 national on criuser .
At the age of 16 I turned superclass . The first year in superclass I was number 7 , 2nd year I think I finished about 4th.
In 1991 , I packed up !
I went into weight training , to the age of 25 , then I got married .
From 25 - 35 I took up shooting !
Now in October 2007 - decided to get my boy a bike to see if he would like it - and ..... he did!
THEN .. I thought ... I will have a go aswell - not realising just how unfit I was.
I began to train , riding at Tredegar BMX track ( wich frightened the fook outa me) . Decided to race at Hayes winter series - that was my first race for 17 or so years without being on any kinda bike - and Loved it.

So now I have raced 6 meetings  , and after Burnham national realising that I need more track work , so that is my aim at the moment.
So hopefully in the near future , I can lose the sketchy lol and keep the good bits !

I am  also trying to put time into Taylan (TJ Baldwin Junior) as he is only six , and started the same time as me - He has got good potential and loves to ride his bike ! And just loves watching them go round the track !!

The final part of the story was being approached by Jai Kemp SE RACING and offering me a ride so soon after comming back. I would lke to thank him for that , sound bloke ! WHERE'S MY 20" ??????????

Cheers lads !

TJ SKETCHY BALDWIN

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 08:14 PM »
You might be a bit sketchy at times TJ, but even that looks rad as fook  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Some might call it sketchy.  I like to call it riding on the edge.  And as Bill says, it looks rad as fook when you combine it with that much power/pedalling every inch of the track and those nose dives.

People might not have heard of you 6 races ago, but everyone is talking about you now (for all the right reasons)  :daumenhoch:

xtremepervert

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 09:11 PM »
 ;D Talking to Tony yesterday I reallised we raced superclass at the same time BITD although I was so far back it didn't really matter who was in the same moto!!! I defo think he looks like a younger version of Billy Fieldhouse, anyone else agree?

se

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Didn't slow down much did you?  ::)
Hereford, I remember that track, my nearest place too when I was 11, built in the remains of an old skatepark.

se bikes

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 12:16 AM »
TBH tony your balls out riding scares the shit outta me but it is so entertaining to watch, 6 races back  :wtf: dont even wanna think about how much you'll achieve de sketchy  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 12:20 AM »
Thanks for replying Tony, all I gotta say is you crack on, win or loose you are one of the most entertaining riders out there, and I for one will be cheering you on, god help 40+ when you get there :2funny: :daumenhoch:

DaleHolmes

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 03:41 AM »
Tony   was  way  ahead of  time  with his  style, skills and power.  Like Ashley  Davis,  doing  stuff in the 80s  out on the track  some of todays top guys still  don't  do.  Like someone  said , Euro style.   Did  good  in Superclass in the early  90s.  Won  Nationals in a very  tough age  group  with the likes of  Pickstone, Staff, Eastwood  and  co.    Good to see   you   back  Tony! 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 09:01 PM »

T J BALDWIN

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Today i have just ordered my ...................................................................................20" wtf , i have anough problems riding wot i got , just working on getting fitter and trying to gain back some long lost skill . Wish me luck Im gunna need it .....

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Today i have just ordered my ...................................................................................20" wtf , i have anough problems riding wot i got , just working on getting fitter and trying to gain back some long lost skill . Wish me luck Im gunna need it .....

and he ain't joking either its in my car, twice the entertainment  :LolLolLolLol:

T J BALDWIN

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 10:00 PM »
All royalties to T J BALDWIN please !

Guaranteed value for money lol ! .........................................  ??

thecrooch

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48 PM »

Looking Forward to it!  Will you be at Herne Bay next month?

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I was gonna ask how long it would be before TJ got a 20".  Should be good to watch  :daumenhoch:

Hopefully see you at Cheddar on Sunday, TJ.

Mrs T J Baldwin

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 12:52 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! you have  , have you !!!!
I suppose my BIG Birthday diamonds are gonna have to wait eh !!

AGAIN !!
xxx
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:51 PM by Mrs T J Baldwin »

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 07:10 PM »
I suppose my BIG Birthday diamonds are gonna have to wait eh !!

AGAIN !!

Presumably you married him "for better or worse".  Well he wants to get better!!   :D And I can recommend a good divorce lawyer.  ;) Humps

neckbrace

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 02:44 PM »
It'll be nice to see you on a proper bike Tony. But please race in 17+ so I can watch from the side and not the back.

darren

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 03:46 PM »
gotta agree you are the most entertaining rider i have seen, you are certainly on the edge and sometimes beyond but somehow hold it together most of the time.
the way you came back in the final at andover was amazing too see. keep at it and good luck on the 20" . get the wife a zircon she will never know  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A Question for TJ Baldwin???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx