gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 12:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  footwear
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: footwear  (Read 4023 times)

eloopnai

footwear
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:26 PM »
i need to get some decent footwear for racing was thinking of the old skool vans chequer slip ons do they come up big or small im an 8 usually
back in the day i had the palm tree ones and then pink and yellow lace ups :LolLolLolLol: think they came up big but it was a long time ago
theres loads on ebay so cant really try them on  :-\

perry

Re: footwear
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 08:37 PM »
im an 8 in a slip on and a comfy 9 in lace

but i have some hoffman print slip ons that are slightly larger than my black slip ons  :idiot2:

remember that the us adds an inch so make sure the stated size is for our isle

eloopnai

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:42 PM »
cheers for that
perhaps i need a 7 then

QuadPaul

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:54 PM »
personally for racing I'd say go with a current pair of lace up vans rather than a slip on. The Slip on's really don't offer your feet any protection should the worst happen, also you can really feel the bear traps digging into your foot with slip ons (feels like trying to ride bare footed) but I might just be a fairy :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:19 PM »
personally for racing I'd say go with a current pair of lace up vans rather than a slip on. The Slip on's really don't offer your feet any protection should the worst happen, also you can really feel the bear traps digging into your foot with slip ons (feels like trying to ride bare footed) but I might just be a fairy :LolLolLolLol:

id go a bit further on from that and state that i dont like either as they dont offer ankle protection so i go for hi tops..

personally i find slip on perfect size - as in im a 10 and bought a ten...

grp4

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:29 PM »
hi crooch
without wishing to trash the thread.i went down to woodham to have a look around,
 and you can see a fair bit of where the track went but i only went there in its first layout bitd and never saw the extension. it looks like it could really do with a mini digger over there now to get some shape back.
grp4 (reece)

se bikes

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:30 PM »
This wont help but i prefer Old Skool slip ons, can feel me pedals sharp as they are :daumenhoch: bigger soles on nu skools and i cant ride for toffee  :'(

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 10:43 PM »
This wont help but i prefer Old Skool slip ons, can feel me pedals sharp as they are :daumenhoch: bigger soles on nu skools and i cant ride for toffee  :'(
hmmm - course you cant....

se bikes

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 10:57 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: you boys wait til i've had this baby, gonna have some bloody good battles, can't wait  >:D :-*

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:12 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: you boys wait til i've had this baby, gonna have some bloody good battles, can't wait  >:D :-*
WE should all be scared, she has a right aggro streak at the mo, I see carnage in the first berm in July :shocked: >:D
A long time ago, in a land far away!

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 11:18 PM »
from what the boys have been telling me im scared already!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 12:21 AM »
I use lace up Vans Era's, which are basically the Style #95's from bitd.  I previously used some newschool Vans TNT's, but I hated the brick-hard sole.  They were still a still a waffle design sole but they gave me no 'feel' at all, and subsequently less confidence on the bike.  The Era's feel great.  I'm a UK8 and I use a Vans uk8 (us9) and they fit me fine.  I also use them on my newschool bike with big fookoff Crupi square pedals and, so far, I haven't felt like they're jagging through the soles.

se bikes

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 07:35 AM »

woo hoo, berm warfare, can't wait  >:D >:D >:D :angel:

dialledbikes

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Another vote for lace-up Vans Hi-Tops here.  They still have the classic soft waffle sole but as others have said, offer a bit more protection and ankle support.  I've never really got on with the slip-ons to ride in.

eloopnai

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 03:03 PM »
cheers fellas and ladies
advice taken on board gonna go try some different pairs on in a shop first me thinks  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 03:14 PM »

woo hoo, berm warfare, can't wait  >:D >:D >:D :angel:

Must admit that as well as beingn afraid  i am looking forward to the return of Nikki 'pick a berm' webb!!!  Bring it on Sister....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:54 PM by RATTY »

zed4130

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 03:16 PM »
lace up rowley slims  :4_17_5:  had mine for ages, although thats because angie wont go out in the streets with me wearing them  :LolLolLolLol:

eloopnai

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 03:18 PM »
i am also looking forward to the proposed berm warfare will give me a chance to get a few more points with people being taken out  :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 04:04 PM »
i am also looking forward to the proposed berm warfare will give me a chance to get a few more points with people being taken out  :LolLolLolLol:

Can't wait boys, sure Flaz can fill you in on what you've been missing  :angel: or ratty, or stupple, or 796  :angel: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Definitely anything by VANS.  Saw some really nice high-top Jail ones in black at the weekend in the Retail Village at Bicester for just £10!!  Did I buy them??  Nah, got about half a dozen pairs of VANS to wear out before I need more.  Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 04:15 PM »

Can't wait boys, sure Flaz can fill you in on what you've been missing  :angel: or ratty, or stupple, or 796  :angel: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

i believe Sam is the one with psychological disadvantage....

hooga1975

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 06:35 PM »
I have been at the reciveing end of Nikkis tatics at Royston, but she wasnt quick enough to get me :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 12:09 AM »
I have been at the reciveing end of Nikkis tatics at Royston, but she wasnt quick enough to get me :LolLolLolLol:

cos  never beat you did i buddy  :-* or sam  :-* or quad  :-* et all  :angel:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 07:34 AM »
dONT REMEMBER YOU BEATING ME THO hON >:D :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moley

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Has anyone got any decent links to some cheap VANS!!!!

I have tried using my DC PK Ripper shoes.   They were shite.   Not grippy enough!!!!!

I have been using my 5 TEN MTB shoes with a hard sole.   the footprint was bit large but grippy as F?!k!!!!!

I'm looking for something a little bit more compact so my feet aren't scraping the crank arms all the time but something grippy.

Not too sure about Hard sole or Soft though?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  footwear

gfxgfx
gfx gfx