gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  old andy reardon pic...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old andy reardon pic...  (Read 996 times)

welsh denny

old andy reardon pic...
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:04 PM »
just got my scanner thru the other day as recommended by a rad member for scanning film negatives. as the pics were no longer in my mates possesion he gave me all his old  negs to try and convert. spent about 20 hours over the last few days scanning and the results are amazing.
i'll share this pic CHRIS FOWLER took of andy reardon back in 1986. great memories and an amazing pic.

pic by chris fowler.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: old andy reardon pic...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Fooking quality Den...nice one dude!

Classic one hand one footer...almost Dominguez - esq!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

lodge

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 09:59 PM »
Yeah great pic that denny, as you know I've been doing the same thing I got loadsa pics of Andy too but like alot of my pics there not shots that were taken by a rider so not that good, Which scanner did you get, I ended up getting an Epson V100 well pleased with it but the negatives take some time to scan.

Trev

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:04 AM »
great pic denny.

andy was such a great flatland rider, so smooth, that not too many people remember how good he was on ramps too.

his turndowns were as tweaked as mike miller's lookbacks are these days.

mark 2

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I remember that bike Den, wasn't it nippers fro a bit? I just always remember it as one of best looking bikes I'd ever seen ever ever ever when nipper had it.....

from what I can remember -
Sport painted red - chrome forks
white ukai shinesides
chrome woody's
hutch stem , either white or chrome
white flights
chrome hutch pedals
white hot seat
chrome 880's and tech 5's

influenced one of my first builds about 4 years back, was thinking of selling it for some reason or bung more money at it for a revamp, maybe I should hang on...

and awesome pic den, haven't seen chris for about 2 years, say hello to him ;)

yoda

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Tis a great pic that, really shows Andy's style to a T....

bmxer4ever

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Cool pic - he was always so stylish and smooth on flat AND ramps. Made me jealous!

welsh denny

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 10:25 PM »
my mate chris took the pic and plans are afoot to do an old school reunion  of the bmx and skate welsh scene later this year. 
i got the canon 4400f canoscan to do the negs but got some film so small it won't scan them.
still, i spent about 20 hours scanning a boxload of negatives friday/sat so glad chris fowler stored the negatives well over the years. would put up more but i'll have to speak to chris first as they are his pics and i suppose we want to keep things for the reunion. with all the pics chris took over the years being a bmxer and a skater later on he has both markets covered, same as me videowise. pics and video of the best years of our lives, mixed with beer,music and old friends.

to any of the welsh old schoolers here let me know if you can track down any of the old ramp room riders. i know swanny is on here, bowler too. i'm in touch with evo,cameron, tomo,justin,veysey, the fowlers. many faces missing such as phil bevan, andy reardon (though matt could help me there). anyone else.
sure between old friends we can track em down as prob won't hold it til later in the year-oct/nov hopefully so people aren't away on hols etc.

Trev

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 11:03 PM »
i'm pretty sure swanny is still in touch with phil bevan and he sees matt reardon quite a lot too.

macky

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 01:29 AM »
WOW!! The Height.... and the extenaion!!!  :shocked:

That is AMAZING!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:49 AM by DaveMc. »

Ramp Rat

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 09:43 PM »
that's a sweet pic...killer style - reminds me of how Lunny used to do one hand one footers - really pushing the bike up and extending out to the max. Is that a half pipe of 1/4 pipe?

yoda

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33 PM »
That be a 1/4 pipe there Daimon, hey hows you anyways? I know we were supposed to catch up last year but fk it Im back over there aug sept this year maybe we'll sort it then....

Ramp Rat

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 01:36 AM »
cheers Dave, looks like a killer ramp - yeah - doing well thanks....Aug. lets hook up and have some laugh's..

bmxer4ever

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Any chance we can see some more pics D ?

welsh denny

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 06:39 PM »
going be meeting up with chris and evo next week to set the wheels in motion about a bmx & sk8 old school exhition in cardiff. obviously i can't put up too many pics as got to keep a lot for the  exhibition (prov oct/nov- lots of scanning , video remastering and re editing etc to be done)but chris (who took the pics) has ok'ed it for me to post up the odd pic from time to time. will post up news about this event when i can.
until then here's andy and marc reardon airing the ramp room in cardiff sumtime in 1986.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55 PM »
You're a legend Denny...not bad for a Taff  :LolLolLolLol:

Love ya really dude!  ;)

I wish I could get down to Cardiff to see it.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 10:39 PM »
going be meeting up with chris and evo next week to set the wheels in motion about a bmx & sk8 old school exhition in cardiff. obviously i can't put up too many pics as got to keep a lot for the  exhibition (prov oct/nov- lots of scanning , video remastering and re editing etc to be done)but chris (who took the pics) has ok'ed it for me to post up the odd pic from time to time. will post up news about this event when i can.
until then here's andy and marc reardon airing the ramp room in cardiff sumtime in 1986.

8ft out always was the magic number.....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  old andy reardon pic...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx