gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HARVINGTON RAIDERS?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HARVINGTON RAIDERS?  (Read 1671 times)

spillers#1

HARVINGTON RAIDERS?
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:52 PM »
HOW MANY EX HARVINGTON RAIDERS ARE ON HERE...IF ANY....I KNOW THAT MAN GOSSER WAS A REGULAR SO WHO ELSE REMEMBERS HARVINGTON THEN  :coolsmiley:

gossa

Re: HARVINGTON RAIDERS?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:24 AM »
HOW MANY EX HARVINGTON RAIDERS ARE ON HERE...IF ANY....I KNOW THAT MAN GOSSER WAS A REGULAR SO WHO ELSE REMEMBERS HARVINGTON THEN  :coolsmiley:

Is that you George?

gossa

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:32 AM »
Just found this pic, Harvington Superbowl regional, that would have been, by the look of my GHP and Bell BMX3 helmet, 1984?

spillers#1

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 10:58 AM »
no gossa i'm not george spiller but i know who you mean,he rode cruisers didn't he.

real names lee and used to ride harvington around 83-87......did 2 summer series championships there in the 16 year olds and the 17+ in fact you rode up an age group a couple of times so you could beat some of us older boys  :coolsmiley:
Karen murphy did the same thing when she rode for raleigh and remember sh*tting myself in case she mugged me off and beat me  :LolLolLolLol:

Raced the regional there and only lived down the road from the place....used to love harvington it was like a second home  :smitten:

I used to hang out there with tim o'regan (pro-tec on here) scot gilchrist, jo and keiran walklin,kevin gogin etc.

Those were the days....other regulars as well as yaself were the llewelyns,charlie reynolds,me old mate delbert husband,paul zak who ended up riding freestyle for raleigh,james rose etc in fact harvington track used to get a lot rad people there  :daumenhoch: still got my club licence from 84

gossa

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Mate, I practically lived there too, used to live in Shirley.  That place has so many memories, I helped build it with Ken Walkling (RIP) and Gary Llewelyn too.  Pete Middleton and Jason Maloney used to come wednesday gate practice a lot and Ruffell came down a couple of times.

Man that place was just the best!  that gate was one of the first proper hydraulic gates too.

I remeber all those guys, Team Harry 'O' Spud Stone, Keiren etc and as for Kevin Goggin, I used to watch him cut down trees with a chainsaw at Foxes Wood!  That place was so cool to, Chris Yound and Trevor Chapman (Mongoose sidehack factory rider) used to rip it up then!!!!

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 09:10 PM »
I was gonna say that harvington had one of the first hydraulic gates  :daumenhoch:

Spud and harry 'O' cycles i remember it well.Youngs is now where Harry o's used to be but is shit compared to how it used to be.

Do you remember when the quarter pipe used to sometimes be there'think it was chris youngs.
Bumped into a couple of other guys at dagenham track a couple of weeks ago who used to ride there and some of the stories they had brought back so many top memories.

I'm sure warren godfrey and his brother steve rode there to.....went for a hack a few times with warren and a few others over the sewage farm at elmers end, man i remember feeling f*cked after trying to keep up with warren godfrey he was so bloody fast  :crazy2: can't believe there isn't anyone else who remembers the place..i'll have to dig out some photo's from there and try and post them.

gossa

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:17 PM »
Sewage farm!!!???? Now we is talking history!!!!!  That'll be the sewage farm where Chris and Andy Young, Gary and Wayne Llewelyn, Warren and Steven Godfrey, Trevor Chapman, Boo, Mole, me and many other south london riders honed our skills.  Did you know that just on the edge of that farm was a little office that was the home to Team Brian Challengers, Wayne Llewelyns first sponsor before Mongoose?  That guy Brian was a bit wierd but he, he helped Wayne out with a pimp ass redline back in, I guess '82?

Anyway, Harvington rocked, that track was ahead of its time. Don't forget a mention to barry from Youngs (team manager), he helped a lot with harvington.  That quarter pipe belonged to Harry O, we did demos in Croydons whitgift centre to raise the money to build harvington track.

ScottGilchrist

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Hi I just found this site over easter weekend, made me me feel all teary eyed remembering back to the old days, I used to practically live at harvington too, I lived in Mitcham but would ride there and back everyday after school in the summer.

spillers#1

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Hello scott i remember you geez  :daumenhoch: always a very smooth rider bitd  :daumenhoch: Don't know if you remember me(lee allen) i rode a redline and my mate tim o'regan who rode a GHP ? seem to remeber you always hanging out with a black dude but can't remember his name  :-\ ady or something.

You need to get your self down to dagenham track this sunday for the first south regional  :4_17_5: loads of old skool faces there.

ScottGilchrist

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Was it you who had the Hilman imp?

spillers#1

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 09:05 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol: yeah thats right scott  ;D its funny coz i got back into this bmx lark a year ago and bumped into a few old rivals from the southeast regionals,one being dave glendower (extreme pervert on here) and the first thing he mentioned was my old imps  :P

ScottGilchrist

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Of course I remeber you two, you always came as a pair! Remember when we all pilled in that car and drove to slough,got lost ended eating a MacDonalds in Windsor right by the castle! My mates name was Hayden Carter, We used to go all over in that little car,i remember going to Paddock Wood or somewhere all four of us and bikes all crammed in!! ;D

spillers#1

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Hayden carter thats him  :) do you still see him? Bloody hell scott can't believe you remember all that  ;D i think we were going to the 86 world championships and or was it just to ride the track?i remember being at the worlds at slough though  :4_17_5:

Tim(pro-tec on here) comes on here and i still see him reguarly in fact i still battle with him on track

ScottGilchrist

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 09:26 PM »
I moved to Hastings in 1990 and unfortunately kinda lost contact with Hayden. Yeah it was the worlds we went to but we went there to ride  a few times too if I recall. Those days were classic ;D ;D

ScottGilchrist

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Hey Clive, Looking at the pic of you above, If I recall correctly I bought that GHP frame from you when you upgraded to the Mk2 is this correct?? Don't suppose you've got any pics of me from back in the day? I've only got 2 pics from all my years of racing!!

gossa

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 11:33 PM »
Hey Clive, Looking at the pic of you above, If I recall correctly I bought that GHP frame from you when you upgraded to the Mk2 is this correct?? Don't suppose you've got any pics of me from back in the day? I've only got 2 pics from all my years of racing!!

HAHAHA!!! Alright Scotty, sorry mate, don't have any pics of those old bikes.  Great to hear from you, check this out, after about 14 years not even riding a 20" BMX around a track, tonight i did a 4 hour round trip to Burnham on sea and did gate practice!!!! Man, stay on here long enough and you'll be hooked too!!!.....

Great to hear from you, do you still have contact with Haydon?

spillers#1

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 06:05 AM »
How did you get on with the track clive? bit different to the old tracks eh.This is me in one of my moto's from last week at burnham(gate 8 furthest away)  :D

ScottGilchrist

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 01:38 PM »
I,m very tempted to get  a bike, not for racing just yet but just to ease myself in. I see you'r e all on cruisers now, is there 20" racing for us oldens? I did all my growing as a kid and at 5'6" tall happily still fit on a 20" BMX.

Good to hear from you Clive its been a long time mate.

gossa

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 11:44 PM »
spillers, found it alright mate, gonna race at chedder if i can.

Scotty, i've got a 20" too mate,  never too old, or tall!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HARVINGTON RAIDERS?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx