gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added  (Read 12370 times)

DR VINOAH

Re: Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2008, 03:01 PM »
welcome aboard rich

fantastic pix & story

are you planning on making a trip out to the UK in the near future???

munners

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Awesome awesome story!!!

Love stories like that!

Have you got any of your stuff from back in the day?

Nick  ;)

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Totally agree ,Awsome story,To be honest i had some doubt if you were the real thing,but anyway Welcome........
Great story,I'm just wondering how much you remember form back then,Sorry to ask to tech stuff but i'd love to know some info on that Sport you rode without the platform on the toptube.I was just wondering if the sport was originaly intended for yourself as you look a tall guy in those shots and always wondered if that frame was designed for yourself in mind,but Haro marketed it using the Dominguez signature on the sport,just a theory,could be totally wrong....again sorry for the tech stuff ;D
Keep the stories coming...Brilliant
FREESTYLIN Fall84.......

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Great pics Rich, are you still riding?

What frame is that in that last pic?

Looks like a Gen 1 Sport to me  :)

Great story Rich & welcome, so do you still have any of your bikes, Gen 1 Sport or Single top tube Sport  ???

welsh denny

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 06:13 PM »
great stuff.  and to think you nearly binned off bob haro.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Great story Rich & welcome, so do you still have any of your bikes, Gen 1 Sport or Single top tube Sport 

I like your thinking Chris :LolLolLolLol:

Sean 2000

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Welcome Rich. Another legend joins the ranks!

Keep them stories coming Spiderman, we love em here.

Sean.  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Was a bit disappointed you chose "Spiderman" instead of "Spidey" though....  But like Sean says, great to have another legend on board.  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2008, 07:17 AM »
That cover shot is so good Rich. Thanks for the background story. Very interesting read.

macky

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2008, 01:06 AM »

apologies if this has been posted before...

this is Dennis McCoy's flatland run, but there's a how to by Rich at the end...

speedraycer

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2008, 01:44 AM »
Hello Everyone,
Its been a busy week so I ahve been away from the board froa while I wanted to answer a few of the questions that have posted overv the past few days:

From Jay, I was just wondering if the sport was originaly intended for yourself as you look a tall guy in those shots and always wondered if that frame was designed for yourself in mind.

You are actually spot on with this question. The single top tube Sport I was riding in the Pipe photo was the first prototype model. I had attemped to ride the original Master Frame Haro sent to me after Del Mar but I was too short for pool riding I asked if they could build me a longer frame and the prototype Sport was what they came up with.  Although I was the first to ride the Sport they decided to market it with the Mike D logo on the rear chain stays (kinda of a slap in the face) or maybe I wasn't as savvy as Mike's people when it came to negotiating my contract. It was a very well balanced frame for both flat and ramps and many top riders made their careers while riding it.

From Trev: Was a bit disappointed you chose "Spiderman" instead of "Spidey" though....  But like Sean says, great to have another legend on board.

Thanks for the warm welcome Trev, regarding my nickname, it was sort of pinned on me after the episode at the Skateranch, Bob Osborn was the photographer who saw the exchange between myself and the young boy at the park. I remember he called me Spiderman from that day on but it did not transcend into print until many months later.

From Munners: Have you got any of your stuff from back in the day?

I do have a fair amount of stuff from back in the day, I have copies of 90% of the magazines I have been in, I have tour posters and schedules, pictures, video, and thanks to Ebay I have a flo panel that I autographed back in 1984 and some old tour shirts etc. Most importanty I still have all my trophies from the King of the Skatepark and AFA wins. I also have my UKBA world championship trophy.

By the way does anyone know how I can get one of those cool t-shirts with my pic " air salute"

Here is another one from the archive.

Trev

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2008, 03:24 AM »
Thanks Rich for taking the time to come back and answer our questions.  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2008, 10:49 AM »
i think ramp rat posted the t-shirt pic so try sending him a pm. :daumenhoch:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2008, 10:09 AM »
Wow,Thanks for the reply Rich,very interesting,thought i was right :LolLolLolLol:

But that must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth though,sorry.
Would love to see those KOS trophies though,seeing you guys riding those parks on video and in magizines was a major part of why we rode then and are still involved today,Respect.......
Shame that proto frame isn't still about,those two proto sports(if there was no others)are one of the most sought after frames out there by freestyle collectors.
Do you still own any bikes and still ride?

PK6061

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2008, 03:30 PM »
its great when these ex pro riders put the time in
    to tell us story's from way back
           cheers spiderman   ;) 

Ramp Rat

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2008, 06:00 PM »
brilliant story Spidy, I love how you got your nickname. I remember that BMX Action issue - got me very inspired to ride skateparks.

Welcome aboard mate!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2008, 10:54 PM »
Hello Rich, welcome to Rad and hope you enjoy the site, some great stuff on here :daumenhoch:

Keep those stories coming, it must of been well cool in the 80s riding in sunny Cali surrounded by the legends of BMX, any more memories from back in the day ::) Also what are you up to now, still have any involvement with BMX, still ride?

Also just wanted to say many thanks to all radsters for the posts, would never of imagined when the post was started, that there'd be this level of response, and especially to get Rich onto Rad (props to welsh denny for that :daumenhoch:). Thanks all :4_17_5:

Paul ;)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:56 PM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

bmxer4ever

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Great thread everyone, keep it up! Glad to see you on the site Rich - I've not long joined up with these nutters myself!
LOVE the story of your first contest, classic stuff. Hope to see more of you on here soon.....
And great pics everyone, keep 'em coming.
G

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rich Sigur....any info, pics Couple of vids now added

gfxgfx
gfx gfx