gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 04:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Torker Rep has begun! - NOW WITH MORE PICS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Torker Rep has begun! - NOW WITH MORE PICS  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Torker Rep has begun! - NOW WITH MORE PICS
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:22 AM »
OK just received this from Bignut (Andy), you probably see it on the for sale section recently. Its a type of copy Haro frame / forks... well sort of, the forks are very close to Haro's but the frame itself looks more like the Torker project I wanted to do, with all the right holes filled in on the drop outs etc.. I'm in discussion with Del at the mo to do the decals for this and the colour I'm going for is.. YELLOW! Bright yellow in fact, with black skyways, black seat, black grips, black brakes, black padset etc.. the bars and forks I'm still on the look out for ... these can be rusty as hell as they will be stripped and painted.

So has anyone got the following:

* Cheap forks, similar to ones found on Torkers - Dig out your rusty ones from your sheds lads!  ;)
* Cheap bars - NOW FOUND THANKS TO MOOSE (Phil)  :daumenhoch:
* Black ELINA UL seat, actually need two of these... nos ideally...

The haro forks in the photo will be put aside for my Haro copy frame from Greg, so that ties in nicely now. Quite looking forward to getting this sorted actually!

Let me know if you have any of the above... ta...

Thanks,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:11 PM by Swivel »

munners

Re: Torker Rep has begun!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Yellow will look good mate. :daumenhoch:

I dont know why people are so against CW's these days. I love them.....although i havent got any. ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:27 AM »
I actually don't mind them but would probably be too high for this build? Humm... ok... if anyone has any CW rusty old copies they want to flog, let me know.... thanks for the heads-up Nick, CW's might just work on this?  ???

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:31 PM »
yellow with black tuffs sounds good matt,
your sample decals have been posted by the way

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Del top man!  :daumenhoch: Yeah quite excited about this now... but really need some very low budget forks now and then I can get the bugger off to the powdercoaters ;)

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Del top man!  :daumenhoch: Yeah quite excited about this now... but really need some very low budget forks now and then I can get the bugger off to the powdercoaters ;)

CW and ELF forks are closest in look to the Torker forks  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Elf forks... hummm seen these recently on the bay but ignored them as didn't have this in mind then... fook! I think they went for a tenner as well. Anyone got a s**t set of forks for sale? LMK  ;)  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:38 PM by Swivel »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 06:10 PM »

CW and ELF forks are closest in look to the Torker forks  :daumenhoch:

I would have said Tange TRX would be pretty close to the later Torker forks, ELF have a pretty distinctive offset rake on the legs from the headset out whereas Torker forks have the rake pretty much as everyone else does.  If you can pick up a set of ARX and get the dropout holes welded/filled before painting then they would look OK.  Can't remember what the CW ones look like  ::).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:21 PM by MartyC »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Marty hi mate. Don't really want to mess about really with welding/filling etc.. just want to get a crappy set and get them stripped and painted. RevCore ones do look similar to the Torker ones actually  ???

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Marty hi mate. Don't really want to mess about really with welding/filling etc.. just want to get a crappy set and get them stripped and painted. RevCore ones do look similar to the Torker ones actually  ???

Something cheap and cheerful that looks similar then  :daumenhoch:  Will be interesting to see how this one turns out.  Have you got any pics of the frame top tubes and seat post at all?  Be interesting to see if we can work out what it is  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Cheap and cheerful indeed mate, but I reckon i'll be able to get something very similar looking. This frame is unusual I must admit and is very "torker'ish" even more so than a Haro Gen rep. I'll take some more photos and get them online now  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 07:02 PM »
So what frame is it? I can't see any visable serials or anything like that. Certainly looks Torker'ish. Any ideas Marty?  ???

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Torker Rep has begun! - NOW WITH MORE PICS
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 08:51 PM »
bob acids one has the big gusset like that
but not sure of a coaster bracket tho

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Deffo not a Torker - serial number would be on the rear dropout plus it has a forward facing seat post tube split and non round brake bridge which I don't recall them ever having.  Will have a dig through my mags and see if I spot anything.  I'm thinking Ammaco but not 100% sure.

Marty  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Ok cool. I've got an Ammaco Freestyler in the garage here and the frame set is different so don't think its an Ammaco. Have a hunt down and let me know... thanks Marty :daumenhoch:

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 11:25 AM »
Peugeot freestyler I do believe. I have one in the garage somewhere, very Haro looking but wern't they all back then,  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Blimey a Peugeot  :shocked: Better change to a Torker quick  ;D Thanks for that info ;)  :daumenhoch:

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 11:35 AM »
No worries, looks exactly like the one I have. Mine was from my dad's bmx shop back in the 80's, he bought 2 in and they never sold, strange that,  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 11:37 AM »
Right! So those forks are Peugeot forks then? Look mighty similar to the haro ones... cheeky! Thanks for that info mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 11:53 AM »
No actually, the forks are Haro master 3rd gen, just put them on for the pic. The frames didn't come with forks, well not the ones my dad had anyhow. I could be wrong though, still a nice looking frame I think anyhow. Good luck with the build mate.  ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Thanks mate. This one did come with haro type forks though... humm interesting. Will post up more images as the replica project progresses, thanks again  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Good call Mivvi  :daumenhoch:

Reckon you should build up as you like then, much more freedom on the fork front, a nice pair of TRX forks would look the business  :daumenhoch:

wheelieking

Re: hi im new to this site.. i have a peugeot freestyler
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 12:50 PM »
hi just found this site and the pictures and conversation regarding the peugeot freestyler.. im in the process of doing one so any help or info would be great... cheers steve

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Hi steve, welcome to the site! I don't have anymore info on the peugeot. I think they were just sold as the frame on their own but like I say, I don't know much about them. Good luck and enjoy the build anyhow!  :daumenhoch:

wheelieking

PEUGEOT FREESTYLER?
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 11:43 PM »
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.. IF ANYONE HAPPENS TO NIOTICE THIS PLEASE ANY INFO OR PICTURES ON THE PEUGEOT TWIN TOP TUBE WOULD BE BRILLIANT.. THANK STEVE

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Torker Rep has begun! - NOW WITH MORE PICS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx