gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 05:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1983 Ammaco Team Sprint
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1983 Ammaco Team Sprint  (Read 1591 times)

gjmbmx

1983 Ammaco Team Sprint
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Hi  - looking for some old school BMX help and advice!!

Have an original 1983 Ammaco Team Sprint, that I got for my eigth birthday in 1983 and have kept ever since, never considered parting with it!

Now's the time to restore it to it's original state after I removed the decals and threw away the pad set in the nineties.  All parts are original apart from the brake cables, tyres and new decals that i managed to find, all i need to complete this bike and restore it to it's former glory is the pad set!

Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can get my hands on a set of black "ammaco bmx" pads for the stem, v-bar and main pad???????  Either NOS or reproduction

I have no idea how desireable an Ammaco Team Sprint is, but don't care as i've always loved it and that's what matters, can't seem to find hardly any reference to it apart from a copy of the original 1983 Ammaco-Mongoose brochure at BMXmuseum.com (first result if you google "Ammaco team sprint")

Any help would be greatly appreciated as months of searching has got me nowhere!

Thanks in advance

Guy

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: 1983 Ammaco Team Sprint
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Come on Ammaco fans??

djgivvinup

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Sorry i can't help, but if you find any i'm after the same padset in red  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 12:25 AM »
Guy get in touch mate, I have some info on the Team Sprint and have a minty frame/forks in my loft too and the original decals too. Plus bought some decent repro decals recently. If you're after repop pads, Steve (firebird) is the man, excellent bloke and creates the best repop pads you'll see anywhere. Drop me a PM and i'll send you a load of details. At present, i'm restoring another Ammaco freestyler... next to do is an Ammaco Team Pro ;)

All the best,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1983 Ammaco Team Sprint

gfxgfx
gfx gfx