gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Is this the future racing bmx ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is this the future racing bmx ?  (Read 4677 times)

zed4130

Is this the future racing bmx ?
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:14 PM »
I dont like it , its realy ugly, but im sure someon might like it  :crazy2:
http://www.gtbicycles.com/gbr/eng/bmx_race#2667

macky

Re: Is this the future racing bmx ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:17 PM »

I would no longer consider that to be Bmx!! 20 inch or not!!  :wtf:

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:23 PM »
its a bit sci fi   :shocked: may be a bmx movie set  in the future  ;)

se bikes

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:42 PM »
piece of shit if you ask me :crazy2: :crazy2: looks all wrong :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Id like to take one for a spin, but it looks sh1t :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:49 PM »
so no one likes it yet    :LolLolLolLol:  this kind of thing had been tryed many times before, i still dont think you can beat the good old double d frame   :4_17_5:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 09:52 PM »
NOT FOND OF THIS GT AT ALL

BUT ITS PROGRESSION

IM WITH ZED

YA CANT BEET THE DOUBLE DIAMOND FRAME

RUSS :4_17_5:

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 09:54 PM »
this is like re-inventing the wheel  :uglystupid2:  all they have done is tryed to make something look very hi-tech  ???

perry

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:56 PM »
back of the hand  :knuppel2:

no , no , no zed  :yahoo_silent:

i have the same desire to hammer a nail through that kind of stuff as i do the folded orange frames ( even though they are bloody good )

top fuel dragsters dont follow technical advancements and they are still the fastest accelerating things on the land

double diamond bmx for me all the way  :yahoo_silent:

if i saw someone on that shit ill push em over and kick dirt in their faces

whats going to happen ! someone on an already iffy looking "traditional" bike will line up against that crap with its -1/2lb in weight or whatver itl be and then lose , put it down to the frame and not their crap ride on a particular day in a particular race , all of a sudden all the top racers have monococks and then the trickle effect starts

im already sick of ugly mtbs and road bikes , bmx is barely hanging onto the "tube"

i had to put the glass of wine down to type this one  :shocked: :yahoo_silent:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Oh well it looks as though I am the only one who likes it.

Seriously, I think it is funky as fook.

perry

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:07 PM »
just one more step that brings bmx closer to trials to me  :buck2:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14 PM »
yeah thats nice  :-[

not

groover247

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:25 PM »
a dbl diamond cromo frame is all that is needed.

period

sutty

macky

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 01:18 AM »

I just dont like it...    :yahoo_silent:

I dont see why they'd want to change the frame anyway?

Other than possible weight loss ( which ya can get with titanium ) wot other benefits can this frame bring to racing??

It's like they're trying to move away from what Bmx is if you know wot i mean...

It's just not a Bmx...  but maybe thats what they want eh??  :-\

zed4130

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 04:49 AM »
back of the hand  :knuppel2:

no , no , no zed  :yahoo_silent:

i have the same desire to hammer a nail through that kind of stuff as i do the folded orange frames ( even though they are bloody good )

top fuel dragsters dont follow technical advancements and they are still the fastest accelerating things on the land

double diamond bmx for me all the way  :yahoo_silent:

if i saw someone on that shit ill push em over and kick dirt in their faces

whats going to happen ! someone on an already iffy looking "traditional" bike will line up against that crap with its -1/2lb in weight or whatver itl be and then lose , put it down to the frame and not their crap ride on a particular day in a particular race , all of a sudden all the top racers have monocock-a-doodle-dos and then the trickle effect starts

im already sick of ugly mtbs and road bikes , bmx is barely hanging onto the "tube"

i had to put the glass of wine down to type this one  :shocked: :yahoo_silent:

i agree mate ,as i said i hate it, for me its cromo dd all the way    :4_17_5:

Flaz

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 06:13 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

the victor meldrew thread   

se bikes

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 06:44 AM »
I think Joey Bradford has been trialling this and is racing it in the Olympics :(

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 07:23 AM »
FFS, next thing you know people will be eating bread with garlic on it and turning up to meets in.....................motorised vehicles :idiot2:

Whats next, spd pedals and tight jeans  :LolLolLolLol:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

zed4130

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 07:29 AM »
FFS, next thing you know people will be eating bread with garlic on it and turning up to meets in.....................motorised vehicles :idiot2:

Whats next, spd pedals and tight jeans  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:   dont start on the whole spuds thing   :10_2_12:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:00 AM »
if its as strong, but a lot lighter and more manouverable then its good in my book...its an olympic sport now boys and girls....this is definately the way forward..look at indoor cycling..space age carbon fibre all the way....

wont be getting one, but i see its point and purpose...nice to look at? i think it is..does it have form and more importantly, function, most defrinately...

would look lush in black carbon with some nice black carbon bombshells.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:11 AM by J.T »

zed4130

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 08:04 AM »
if its as strong, but a lot lighter and more manouverable then its good in my book...its an olympic sport now boys and girls....this is definately the way forward..look at indoor cycling..space age carbon fibre all the way....

wont be getting one, but i see its point and purpose...nice to look at? i think it is..does it have form and more importantly, funtion, most defrinately...

would look lush in black carbon with some nice black carbon bombshells.

i kinda of agree with you about the olympics, i suppose if you look at track racing ,pursuit etc, over the years, theres been lots of development , remember chris bordmans lotus  :4_17_5: this kind of thing is the norm now, so yes i suppose now this is a olympic sport, this could be the future, i still dont like it though   ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Innovation for the sake of innovation.  I guess GT consider it good marketing to stand out from the crowd.

But there are lots of better ways to achieve a very light but very strong frame without resorting to something that looks like that.

I've no idea how much that GT thing weighs, but the titanium frames that my team ride (the Technique model) weigh about 3.9lbs.  I think my Ti cruiser frame weighs 4.1lbs.

zed4130

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 08:37 AM »
Innovation for the sake of innovation.  I guess GT consider it good marketing to stand out from the crowd.

But there are lots of better ways to achieve a very light but very strong frame without resorting to something that looks like that.

I've no idea how much that GT thing weighs, but the titanium frames that my team ride (the Technique model) weigh about 3.9lbs.  I think my Ti cruiser frame weighs 4.1lbs.

and surely more areodynamic  mike  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 08:41 AM »
and the worlds still flat ???

there just playing with form and function, thats all...tis good for the sport that people do.

the slingshot was a wierd design..one that didnt catch on..still looks cool as fook though.

dont see why people are dissing this product ( said in a not too serious tone :))

tis just a very different version of a very old theme....tis a bmx frame when said and done.

zed4130

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 08:44 AM »
its abit like that specialized thing that a friend in the states sent me pics of, he loves it, i think its ugly, its all a personal thing,this gt is  a young hotshots bike, not a old farts one  :daumenhoch:  but its  another hitech bmx  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Is this the future racing bmx ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx