gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A New Project...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A New Project...  (Read 1213 times)

GREMLIN

A New Project...
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:18 PM »
I picked this Puch Invader frame and forks up on the site from Selfpreservation (thanx Ciaran m8  ;)) a couple of days back.
Yes i know it's an old Puch. I know you could build another bike out of the welding on the joints. I know it weighs half a hundered weight  :D , But i think it's sweet...  >:D

For a bit now i've been thinking about starting a proper project build. A build that doesn't start with a £300+ frame and fork set.
Something i can have totally restored from bare metal up.
Also from start to finish put together using some of my spare bits i have kicking around, and that i can pick up cheap, that have seen far better days. That'll need to be totally restored to be in a condition to go onto any bike.

Not saying it's gonna be a cheap build. It's going to need stripping, then re-powdering. It's going to need a decal set made up.
All of the parts i put by for it are going to need stripping and polishing, or re-coating.

It's gonna take some time too.  But at the end of the day (and maybe for good reason), i've seen hardly any of these over any of the sites.
It'll be nice to do something a little different.

1st thing i've got to work out... Which colour powder for the frame and fork set... Maybe a candy red or blue ?
It begins   :LolLolLolLol:   G.  :daumenhoch:

subversion

Re: A New Project...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:29 PM »
That frame has character mate & I like the colour it is now ;)

Good luck with the resto :daumenhoch:

GREMLIN

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:44 PM »
It is going to need a re-coat. But to keep it close to original i am leaning towards red. A nice candy would set it off right.  :) G.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:06 PM »
i kinda liked it as well mate.........if i'd had the space i think i would've done the same thing  :daumenhoch:

GREMLIN

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:12 PM »
i kinda liked it as well mate.........if i'd had the space i think i would've done the same thing  :daumenhoch:

Can't complain for £15 either Rob m8.  Plus it has the look in the gussets and rear drops of my old nickel Goose from b.i.t.d.  :) G.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:14 PM »
yeah i thought it looked a bit Goosey.....for £15 anyone that grumbled needs a good shoe'in!  looking forward to it getting the Gremlin touch  :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I think its sweet too, puch were in with the bricks in bmx, my first two bmx's were puch and team murrays so i will always have a soft spot for em.

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 04:15 PM »
like it     :daumenhoch:

sure my mate had a chrome one similar BITD
& he put goose decals on it   :D
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I saw that gav, and i think its a sweet frame, will look nice restored and built ,  :4_17_5:

GREMLIN

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Should look sweet once finished Paul m8.  8)
I've been rooting through my box o' bits already picking out parts i think will suit it once done.

So far it's a Sugino o.p.c. Sugino chrome spider. Sugino black 44t chain-ring. A Dia Compe 1020/890 brake set in black.
I've dug out an old Kashi' Mx style red saddle too. Which i'm thinking of having covered in Red suede type stuff  :D.
A pair of red A'me Tri's. A chrome laid-back post. A Tange black/silver headset lock nut. A battered old Sr seat-post clamp i'm gonna sort out and coat black. An Izumi chain...  Bloody hell, and i was gonna take my time over this  ;D   G.  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:59 PM »
there's no time mate, get it done   :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 05:46 AM »

This was built up for my mates mrs to race O/S .  I just hope the track at bradford can take its collossal weight this Sunday :LolLolLolLol:

Nice frame set though  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 08:29 AM »
I like it too. Puch was my very first BMX back in 81. I had arms like Arnie back then :LolLolLolLol:

Get it built man and lets see it when its finished :daumenhoch:

GREMLIN

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 01:59 PM »
It's good there's a few people out there who have fond feelings for the old Puch's.  :)
Here's the serial number.  Looking at it being an '83 am I ?   G.  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 03:38 PM »
It's good there's a few people out there who have fond feelings for the old Puch's.  :)
Here's the serial number.  Looking at it being an '83 am I ?   G.  :daumenhoch:

Let's hope it's not a reference to the weight of it  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

GREMLIN

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 05:16 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  I'll have to weigh it once i've stripped it down.  Best know what i have to work with.  G.  ;)

GREMLIN

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 03:07 PM »
It looks like the wife has hijacked this little project... Bless her.
Not a bad thing tho. I still get to build it up.
It's for her so she can't complain.
Plus it keeps her away from wanting to ride the Turbo whenever we go out on the bikes  >:D   G.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A New Project...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx