gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Regrets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Regrets  (Read 486 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Regrets
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:38 PM »
I seriously regret selling a lot of my stuff about 4 years ago, I had the following which could have come in handy now!

* 5 nos haro bars, white, pink, green, light blue including one set of nos Vectors!  :crazy2:
* 2 sets of skyways, both alloy hubbed in black and white
* Haro fst f/f, skyway streetbeat + 3 sets of skyway freestyle bars, Haro Rs1 f/f
* Nos brake sets, mx1000's and 901's
* Haro's tyres, white, green and blue
* Chrome gt pro performer 86'

Fook knows why I sold it all? To this day I don't know why I did but I just did and now I really regret it...  :idiot2: :crazy2:  :-[

Anyway, what things have you sold which you now regret?  ???
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:44 PM by Swivel »

perry

Re: Regrets
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:49 PM »
erm

many years ago i got my hands on all my brothers old stuff from the 80s , but being a mere child most got broken or just thrown away , every so often i spy a part here and think yep - had one of those  :-[

i shouldnt have given the ammaco back to him after i restored it , he wont give it back for safe keeping  ;D

i wish i hadnt have given my mate my s&m bar pad for his cruiser

not old but in hindsight i shouldnt have sold my s&m blackbike 3 or 4 years ago ( i dont even have a pic of it )

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Everything i had from back in the 80's, especially my GJS race bike which had 400's on with D.Young JMC bars.

My Firebird freestyler which was my paper round bike and my Diamond Back senior pro.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 08:16 PM »
The only thing I regret is a survivor chrome TA frame and forks I sold (built up with crap parts) for £40 about 12 years ago.  I am looking into trying to find out if the lad who bought it off me still has it (long shot) sat possibly rusting in a shed or garden.  He can have his £40 back...lol

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 08:20 PM »
brought a firebird about 4 years ago and then sold it couple of years ago, wish i had kept that  :-\

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Luckily as yet I don't regret selling anything but I'm just not the sentimental type and moneys money.

Maybe in years to come I might regret it who knows?

bodamus ;)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 08:27 PM »
sold my gt performer when i moved 8 years back ,i rode that thing alot and it travelled alot of places.
it broke, i welded it rode it broke it and my best bike so why the fook did i sell it.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 08:46 PM »
yep too much to even list
but things that stick out since i have been collecting
a se racing seat cover , absoloute rare thing
some se racing wings arm band things
some se racing 80s race pants
parts galore , but really regret selling the nickel goose and the aero pro

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 10:05 PM »
Over the years I have sold the following: Charlie Reynolds graphite Skyways with campy hubs - £55 in 1994, Redline 401's with Hadley BB - £65 in 2001, Hutch beartraps £65 in 2004, 2 x Hutch stems (deep H) - sold one for around £30 I think, gave the other away, both around 2001, complete VGC '84 Diamond Back HL Turbo - £150 in 2000, 1984 Haro Master F&F (white), first 'consumer' white Master to land in the UK - £250 in 2004, blue Hutch Judge F&F - given away in 2000, Skyway T/A F&F, set of DB HL Turbo cranks, pair of lavander Skyways - left them with a mate then he moved house!  :(  To be honest, I'm not that bothered about having sold the stuff cheaply.  I'm really more annoyed that I sold any of it at all!  I sold a lot of my stuff when I was riding newschool and the old parts were obsolete.  A real shame as they held so many great memories.

Do you reckon I'd have got £150 for my HL Turbo now?  :'(  Gogo might remember this bike from BITD.  He had a blast around the old Cumbernauld track on it, when it had the graphites on it.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:08 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Over the years I have sold the following: Charlie Reynolds graphite Skyways with campy hubs - £55 in 1994, Redline 401's with Hadley BB - £65 in 2001, Hutch beartraps £65 in 2004, 2 x Hutch stems (deep H) - sold one for around £30 I think, gave the other away, both around 2001, complete VGC '84 Diamond Back HL Turbo - £150 in 2000, 1984 Haro Master F&F (white), first 'consumer' white Master to land in the UK - £250 in 2004, blue Hutch Judge F&F - given away in 2000, Skyway T/A F&F, set of DB HL Turbo cranks, pair of lavander Skyways - left them with a mate then he moved house!  :(  To be honest, I'm not that bothered about having sold the stuff cheaply.  I'm really more annoyed that I sold any of it at all!  I sold a lot of my stuff when I was riding newschool and the old parts were obsolete.  A real shame as they held so many great memories.

Do you reckon I'd have got £150 for my HL Turbo now?  :'(  Gogo might remember this bike from BITD.  He had a blast around the old Cumbernauld track on it, when it had the graphites on it.

Selling that turbo m8, heart breaking :-\ :shocked: :smitten: :-[ :'(

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 10:43 PM »
brought a firebird about 4 years ago and then sold it couple of years ago, wish i had kept that  :-\

yep that was a bit silly. you never see me making that mistake :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Regrets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx