gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40+ Cruiser at Regionals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40+ Cruiser at Regionals  (Read 2161 times)

team_teapot

Re: 40+ Cruiser at Regionals
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34 PM »
hey at the end of the day its the people riding that are the customers and the customers is always right so demand your class. wheel ove the gate till you get it. lol

MOORO

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Im with whatever the democratic decision is.
 My opinion is that we need to grow the participation in the sport whichever way we possibly can.The likes of Ratty and co with the oldskool and Mike and others with the 40+ have done wonders, we need to carry on that momentum, not put people off the more the merrier for sure, with increased rider counts comes more helpers, more outside interest and heck perhaps even race sponsors and then the talented youngsters may get more deserved recognition  .

I can well imagine if your in your first season coming back to the older classes and have to race a clipped in Olympic hopeful or international rider it may put you off.

Will the vote be for the forty plusers only or would all cruiser riders vote ?

I guess The only alternative is formula racing which seems like it may do the job but im not too sure how that all works out  ::).

Flying_fox

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 08:21 PM »

Will the vote be for the forty plusers only or would all cruiser riders vote ?

40+ers only I should think, after all it's all about their points and class. But I would be very interested in what the 30-39 safety cyclists think about it. I know riders like Justin Essen like racing against their mates in 40+...

team_teapot

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19 PM »
some of the younger classes arnt big on  numbers so they will require the merging of a class to make up a gate.

think not what can the region do for me, but what can i do for the region and my fellow riders who are on safety cycles before their time

spillers#1

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 05:58 AM »
Not me.........us

dialledbikes

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 09:07 PM »
That's right Lee.  We're doing our bit for the region by making the 40+ class bigger than it's ever been.  And the region will be doing their bit for us by letting us run the class how we want it run.

spillers#1

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Exactly  :daumenhoch: the old saying "life begins at 40" i think its a case of times are changing and 99% of the boys racing 40+(and 30-39) were riding at the begining of bmx in this country and myself personally think we have a place at bmx race meetings and not be spoken about as being a joke or to old  :) i mean who was it who won 13+ cruisers over the winter at hayes.....old man kev  :4_17_5:

steve price

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 11:48 PM »
New Kuwahara's built count me in for 30-39.   :daumenhoch:
Hope a few more turn up for Andover..   :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:53 PM by steve price »

Caddy555

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Hi Spillers I like you, from the'real world' nobody laughs at 40+ they just don't understand or respect that sport is for ALL ages even the 'alledged' past it boys, who I must say Mike Pardon(did)  as an example give more in the way of entertainment and sheer unuldulterated skills on a bike than some of the 'other' rated classes.

Mike (Dialled Bikes) talks a lot of sense in all areas of this sport ( BMX, 4X, Mountain Bikes) so a better ambassador I cannot think of and with Miles as confident and spokesperson a formidable duo.

I may argue with his sponsorship ideas But hey Mike you mentioned Volkswagen  in the 'Wheres BMX going' on the other site and I don't want to get drawn into that discussion but working for Volkswagen UK  I put together a package for an 'IDEA' I need say no more and David Beckham beat us to this idea with his football academy,no contest really.

We are getting away from the real question here and yes 40+ should have its own class and race, for the racers of the 80's era and now (some of you anyway?) fathers and (mothers) of the future Dale Holmes, et al.

But do the BCF see it that way??? Different debate!

Old man Kev, Tony Slater, of course ADY rock, respect!

Thanks,

Paul. 50+ (Am I to old????????????????????????)   

dialledbikes

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Mike (Dialled Bikes) talks a lot of sense in all areas of this sport ( BMX, 4X, Mountain Bikes) so a better ambassador I cannot think of and with Miles as confident and spokesperson a formidable duo.

I may argue with his sponsorship ideas But hey Mike you mentioned Volkswagen  in the 'Wheres BMX going' on the other site and I don't want to get drawn into that discussion but working for Volkswagen UK  I put together a package for an 'IDEA' I need say no more and David Beckham beat us to this idea with his football academy,no contest really.

:daumenhoch: Cheers Paul.  For me, riding bikes (whether that be BMX bikes, 4X bikes or mountain bikes) is just the best thing ever so if I can promote the sports in a positive way I will always speak up.  Once I hang up my bikes I will definitely get involved with the region/BCF and see what I can do to help.

So Paul, who do I need to speak to about a team sponsored Transporter?!  I think VW needs a presence in the BMX track car parks to compete against all those Vitos.

wolfybmx

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 08:19 PM »
YES MIKE BUT WILL THE VW DO A SUB 10.MIN AROUND THE NURBURGRING  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:24 PM by wolfybmx »

dialledbikes

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Probably not, Phil, but my Type R might  ;)

Those Vitos are nice.  I keep looking at the Vito Sport then checking my lottery numbers!

Caddy555

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Gents, I will try and talk with the Marketing people at both Volkswagen Passenger cars and Commercial Vehicles but I won't promise anything but can the get the names of the people to approach for you, not just letters saying 'No thanks our budgets are already committed'.

By the way Simon and I are at the 'Ring at the beginning of May for our yearly Thursday all day ritual Polo GTi and my own Touran Sport 170 PD.

I love that track 20+ miles of exhilaration.

Also the T5 Sportline would give the Vito Sport a good run for its money, just let Sabine loose in it round the 'Ring.

Happy riding.

Paul.

Beethoven

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 02:55 PM »
hey caddy, you looking into Aylesbury Aces funding yet, we need backing of VW aylesbury....still waiting for your email(s) you promised with no reply, so guys dont hold out too long !!  :-X

Caddy555

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I have sent 2 replies over the last 2 months no reply from you for either???

I will send you the names tomorrows 'AGAIN' as I have said I will do, will also get the contact to Mike @ Dialled as and when the people in question can be contacted.

I am not geting involved in any personal digs at people on here, this is the best website for BMX.

You want local companies to get involved with this project and all I have said is I would get you the names of the people who pull the purse strings at the Volkswagen and Audi retailers in Aylesbury, you need to put the package/proposal for them as I have no idea what plans you have only what I read on these sites and if you pull it off especially at the Old ski slope thats a big up for?

Paul.     

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40+ Cruiser at Regionals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx