gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  me boy wants to start racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: me boy wants to start racing  (Read 865 times)

eloopnai

me boy wants to start racing
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:51 PM »
right then ive just started the old skool south series and took my stepson along to watch and now wants to race too
i bought him a new mongoose at xmas and has been round braintree track a good few times over the last 4 months and enjoys it
 getting more confident as time goes on although didnt wana start racing just yet untill he came over radbmx today and see what the koo is
so does he have to join a club ? i havent i just got membership and licence can he do that too hes 12 ?
and he will be racing at the same meets as me

thecrooch

Re: me boy wants to start racing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:57 PM »
He shouldnt need a license if he races novice.

Good to meet you Ian - see you next week..  oh and wire wheels from now on Skyways look great but they are still turning when you are going straight!

eloopnai

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:01 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

i know a few people commented on the the wheels going outa shape

think these will be better

dunno if i will get my other bike ready in time for next week though
nice meeting you to m8  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53 AM »
:LolLolLolLol:

i know a few people commented on the the wheels going outa shape

think these will be better

dunno if i will get my other bike ready in time for next week though
nice meeting you to m8  :daumenhoch:

ooo shiny things.... Nice those are worth a few quid mate - did you buy recent or been stored away?.

Got confirmation that My Free Agent is on its way - though realistically it wont be ready to ride for a month or so.....

steve

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:39 PM »
get the boy this...
http://www.cyclesportuk.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50_60&products_id=44&osCsid=0998af106629d8adfc19514815052e3b

phone them up, a young sounding chap will answer the phone.
-say, is it the last one, i'll give you £100 delivered for it.

-stick his newschool goose on ebay to pay for it

;)

eloopnai

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 04:40 PM »
bought the wheels off flaz on ere a couple of months ago there really nice not 100% true though been told you can true them by tightening and loosening the nipples though
 added the red nipples and new pro class stickers and new gold rim ribbon

was thinking of this i can have a go too then

http://www.tibbscyclestore.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=132_131&products_id=2732

gotta keep the other goose for playin out with his mates and up the forest and the claud butler mountain bike and the mrs moans at me for having a few bikes  :LolLolLolLol:

any pics of the free agent ?

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 05:02 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200208849151&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

here is the Free Agent i bought - its being shipped over so will hopefully have it built in a few weeks - hopefully in time for the Andover Regional. Going for a Blue and White build. Bought some white bars for it.

Take the wheels to your LBS* and they will sort them for you - i dont advise trying them yourselves if you havent done it before.

* Local Bike Shop - oh of course ha ha sorry i should know that... Online Bikes in Buckhurst Hill are very good. Colin is the mechanic there.  ive got the addy if you need it...

eloopnai

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 05:57 PM »
thanks for recomending him i will try get down there this week i know where they are cheers for that  :daumenhoch:

nice frame by the way  :4_17_5:

Moschops

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 08:16 PM »
The answer to your first question is yes he dose have to be a member of a club to race, but you can do a couple of races as a novice and not be a member, then if you wish to carry on for the rest of the season racing as a novice you must become a member of a BCF affiliated club.

No race license needed for novice racing, but would advise becoming a member of BCF (Beitish Cycling Federation) childs Bronze membership is on offer at the moment and may even be free.

eloopnai

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:49 PM »
thanks for that top man  :daumenhoch:

KGB Matt

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 06:31 AM »
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/bcf/20080220_joinbc.asp

Go there and it has all the info for you.

See you at hersden?

Matt

eloopnai

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 05:43 PM »
yep hersden ere i come :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 06:12 PM »
If you join a go ride club I think kids get a free 'Silver' licence and adults a 'bronze' for the first year.

Your son wouldnt want to race experts in the 12's in his first year, novice would be best. Some of those 12 year olds in experts are nearly as fast as me, expert would only put him off. If you race novice you can still do the brits at the end of the year (providing you do enough rounds in your region to qualify), the only thing is there is no novice class at the brits, so it's in at the deep end at the bigest race of the year. I know in the South you can only do one year in novice then you have to move up to expert, I'm not sure about EA, maybe Mosschops can put me right on that?

I hope that helps a little.

Miles.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  me boy wants to start racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx