gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 05:04 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m mad dog
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: s&m mad dog  (Read 7554 times)

SaMAlex

Re: s&m mad dog
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2008, 09:01 PM »

what stem is going on it alex

I dont really know what stem. Any XL really. DK? TNT? I dont mind. Moeller changed his bike loads so it doesnt realy matter. I think one of the tricky parts will be amber wall comp3, but I dont mind if they are used.

b45t4rd

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Well used :LolLolLolLol:

Anno worn on arms, a few hammer marks that someone has started to tidy up.
Would tidy up nice, cheap to a good cause ;)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2008, 09:55 PM »
dude i'm fookin stoked for you!

lazarou said he's knock one off he's so chuffed for you!

SaMAlex

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57 PM »

Anno worn on arms, a few hammer marks that someone has started to tidy up.
Would tidy up nice, cheap to a good cause

Wow, that was fast!

PM on its way  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Thanks for all the kind works and support on this one guys. Ive been in a happy place all day (although I could have done with a bit more sleep! haha).

The seller guy has been emailing me, he seems like a top bloke, and even he was stoked that I won it. He said that he looked in on this thread, (its a double dropout XL frame) so I guess he is a RAD member  :daumenhoch:

This is more of the style build Im going for. I dont really like Chrome frames but the decals are original and in great condition so I will leave it like it is. I have had the black Tuffs put by for ages waiting for the frame and I will use a pair of the older, big Slam bars. If anyone has any parts they see on this bike, feel free to offer them to me.

It's gonna have Tuffs on it.  Coooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Wow.....  feel the love in this thread   :daumenhoch:

Happy days  Alex   :)

Lazarou

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I'm against the Tuffs idea.

....just so you know.

....but a replica is a replica I suppose.

EL CID

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00 PM »
I have a nos 20x1.50 comp 3 silver and blue label if that helps or to small?  Jon

teamsano

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2008, 11:03 PM »
sooo rad you got this alex!

i had black tuffs on my chrome mad dog- build a replica of my bike, theres a challenge!

SaMAlex

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 08:16 PM »
i had black tuffs on my chrome mad dog- build a replica of my bike, theres a challenge!

Post up a picture Gogo. If it has got black wall comp 3s then it will be easier to do yours.

Hang on, didnt Gossa have a chrome Mad Dog with black tuffs on it too? Oh, but we are talking about "Gossa" ... his had Graff tuffs on it!

brettnai

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2008, 09:19 PM »
That one was meant to be Alex. bet ya chuffed as nuts!
Can't wait to see it!

gossa

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Al, I got what you need, used amberwall comp 3's (great condition, no perishing just a bit grubby) 1.75 rear, 2.125 front, yours free as always you charity case! I'll send them with your POW and Flail T shirt.....ONE CONDITION, YOU MUST BUILD IT WITH THE TUFFS! As for a Gossa rep, impossible as i had those funky forks remember? My vote is a gogo replica!

So you know that's not a gen 1 Cook Bros frame, that's a GT or Revcore made frame right?

SaMAlex

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Clive. As always, you are a Star and a Gent! I was totally going to put up a 'wanted' tonight for some used amber wall comp3s, and you beat me to it. Thankyou so much.

You bet this bike is going to have tuffs on it. I have had them for about 2 years (well, I had the front for about 12 years, but I got given a matching rear 2 years ago), Ive just been waiting for a MD frame. I always liked the setup Moeller had at that first street contest. (I can live with a chrome frame, as its in such good condition). Clive, you dont know what number plate Chris was using on that bike do you? That would finish it off a treat, right down to the Van Halen "5150" numbers on it.

Yeah, I thought it was a GT made one. The early Cooks Bros ones had that funky double plate brake bridge with an adjustable slot in it. Its the tubes for the top and bottom stay braces that make me think GT. Its just the same as my 1991 dirtbike.

gossa

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Looks like a Prime racing plate mate, god knows where you'll get one!

Yeah, the brake bridge on the CB made frame is distrinctive, and crap!

I know it's a lovely survivor but if you want it black and you send it to me i'll get a decent powdercoat on there for nothing mate if you can get Del to do the stickers.  Powdercoater owes me a favour....

SaMAlex

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Thanks for the kind offer Clive but I think I will stick with chrome, for now at least. I dont think I could bring myself peel off those original decals. Maybe it will go black later on, at the same time as the Mad Dog forks ..... if I ever find any!

I might put a black and white check Dyno plate on. They aint far off, and about right for the time.

teamsano

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 10:55 PM »
i seem to recall my frame had a tube between the chainstays, but a double plated seatstay bridge.

best of luck finding 'dirt research' tyres if you do a replica of mine!

SaMAlex

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 11:00 PM »
i seem to recall my frame had a tube between the chainstays, but a double plated seatstay bridge.

Wow, yours was an ultra dope Cooks Bros one. Did the brake plate have a gap between the 2 plates? Like; one on the outside of the seat says, one on the inside? I think the real early ones didnt have any brace at all at the chainstays, but just that double brake plate on the seat stays.

"Dirt resarch"? Looks like Clives Comp3s are swinging the build back to the Moeller street comp bike.

gossa

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Alex, Dirt Research was a brand owned by Todd huffman and Bob Morales, the tyres were pretty cool, blackwall back then which was ahead of the game but they were a bit 'square', cornered really weird.  Moeller would have been working for Todd and Bob when they had Dirt Research on the go so could have used them too.

Alex, I just found original GT power series crank stickers in the sticker box, nice and silver.  I'll throw them in the package, see if you can get the cranks reanodised silver, they'd look NOS with these stickers mate!

SaMAlex

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 11:41 PM »
Clive, you are amazing! Who'd have thought youd have a set of those stickers?
I can get things anodised through my work .... as long as its in black or silver. RIGHT ON!

Thanks mate  :daumenhoch:

EL CID

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2008, 12:25 AM »
Kegels racing pads will be a tough find if they can be,is that a dia compe hinged seat clamp'sugino power disc?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:03 AM by EL CID »

SaMAlex

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2008, 07:03 AM »
Kegels racing pads will be a tough find if they can be,is that a dia compe hinged seat clamp?

I was going to go with a set of S&M pads.
I hope it is a DC Hinged clamp. Ive got about 3 of those.  :daumenhoch:

Apart from the forks (I'll use S&M pre-pitch for now), I really am almost there. Ive got some Odyssey tripple trap pedals for it, and I think I'll use a pitbull and a tech 77. Ive got a "zip back" seat post that might go nice. Its just what seat and stem to use now.

Matt S.

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Alex, how bout a Selle Italia Turbo seat? Looks great on your Holmes and in a recent interview with Chris Moeller at O-S BMX, he said he ran one on his first K9 D-Zine frame so it can't be too bad  ;)  I think they are the perfect looking seat on just about any S&M.

Of course, just my opinion  :)

-Matt

SaMAlex

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Alex, how bout a Selle Italia Turbo seat? Looks great on your Holmes and in a recent interview with Chris Moeller at O-S BMX, he said he ran one on his first K9 D-Zine frame

I just read the same thing, and had the same thought! Nice one.

I have got a square back DK stem, but its not an XL. I might use that till something else comes along.

SaMAlex

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2008, 01:26 PM »

Yeah, the brake bridge on the CB made frame is distrinctive, and crap!

Here is a pic of a frame that sold on Ebay USA last year. It was being sold as a Mad Dog, which it might well be, but the lack of chain stay brace makes it seem REAL early. Maybe it was even a K9? (Ive never seen a photo of one!)

You can see the double plate brake bridge, and as its only got single drop outs it might have been a Mad Dog Std. Pro (the Pro XL had double dropouts)

I forget what it sold for, but it was quite high for a frame in that condition. (nice forks tho!)

woody allen bars

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2008, 10:57 PM »
From what I remember that 'Mad Dog' didn't sell Alex. Mark Peterssen bid $500 odd on it and still it didn't meet reserve.

You got yerself a rare one  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m mad dog

gfxgfx
gfx gfx