gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m mad dog
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: s&m mad dog  (Read 7552 times)

SaMAlex

Re: s&m mad dog
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2008, 12:38 AM »
From what I remember that 'Mad Dog' didn't sell Alex. Mark Peterssen bid $500 odd on it and still it didn't meet reserve.

Oh yes, I remember now. Good old YGT (I hope he is OK?) put in a massive bid way early and told everyone what it was, days before the end. It didnt meet the reserve and the frames not been seen again. I do think that is the only other Mad Dog frame Ive seen for sale.

teamsano

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2008, 09:33 PM »
i seem to recall my frame had a tube between the chainstays, but a double plated seatstay bridge.

Wow, yours was an ultra dope Cooks Bros one. Did the brake plate have a gap between the 2 plates? Like; one on the outside of the seat says, one on the inside? I think the real early ones didnt have any brace at all at the chainstays, but just that double brake plate on the seat stays.

"Dirt resarch"? Looks like Clives Comp3s are swinging the build back to the Moeller street comp bike.

no, it never had the plates like that black bike. it was just two plates welded together. it wasnt that early a frame tbh, i got it in 90-91 ish.

the dirt research tyres were exactly as clive described them, i'd only add the further word- 'crap'

you'd have to find some box section profiles too i just remembered!

SaMAlex

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2008, 10:00 PM »

you'd have to find some box section profiles too i just remembered!

Ive got a set of those, but I'll keep them on the Hutch equiped JMC. The rust and peeling chrome all match each other

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m mad dog

gfxgfx
gfx gfx