gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 03:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Any wheel experts out there.?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any wheel experts out there.?  (Read 547 times)

Rabdul06

Any wheel experts out there.?
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:41 PM »
 I just bought some Pro Class wheels from the US.
Ive just taken off the tyres to sort the rims out and noticed that the holes drilled between the spokes are really gash. It looks like an 11+ metal work project in there.....
The rims DONT have Araya stamped on them (or anything) so im hoping these arent 7x's someones just drilled holes in.

How can I tell if they are original Pro Class rims and not some garage project. Oh and they have stamped SR 85 hubs.

Any ideas....Cheers. 

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Any wheel experts out there.?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 09:55 PM »
I don't believe Pro Class rims were stamped anywhere, SR hubs sound about right for Californian Pro Class wheels though.  Pics would be useful  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

jackel

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 10:01 PM »
hope this helps :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 01:57 PM »
I have had quite a few sets of Pro Class rims and they vary in quality of finish.

Only the very early Pro Class rims had any name stamped in them as they were Araya 7x that were drilled, I have a couple of sets with the Araya stamp drilled.  The later rims only had sticker.

Rabdul06

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I was just surprised at the poor finish but looking at the photo Jackal posted it seems that thats just the way they are. I guess that at the end of the day they were drilled by a bloke and a pillar drill. Thanks for your help.

jackel

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 08:57 PM »
np mate

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Any wheel experts out there.?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx