gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 12:54 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BBQ at hersden
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BBQ at hersden  (Read 1713 times)

jazzyje

BBQ at hersden
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:00 PM »
ok,had an idea.got let down a few times by burger vans last season and the ones that did turn up were pretty steep in my opinion.
   how would you lot feel about me setting up a decent size bbq and letting you cook your own food on it.make a donation to cover cost of coals and bin bags for rubbish,maybe even some sauce and mustard and let you do your own thing.would create a nice atmosphere and be cheap as chips.maybe even have a volunteer to cook the grub.this way it negates the need for h+h certs and all that crap.plus i always feel a bit guilty when they dont take any money.
   Discuss.

spillers#1

Re: BBQ at hersden
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Sounds like a good plan  :daumenhoch: perhaps we could throw a few local mouthy chavs on the B.B.Q.  ;)

KGB Matt

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 06:14 AM »
Sounds like a plan ... just need to find out who wants to eat and when, otherwise need to keep it fired up and ready all day which could prove costly in charcoal.

I would use it .  :smitten:

Matt

se bikes

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 06:51 AM »
I vote we dont let KGB Matt race and chain him to the BBQ, he does a REALLY MEAN BBQ  :4_17_5: :smitten: :smitten:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me. :daumenhoch:

Also I'm seeing if I can get hold of the Diamond Back gazebo as well so that we can bring a workstand down and offer free saftey checks on all the kids bikes (and everyone elses  :LolLolLolLol:) I'll bring along cables as well so at least brakes might work properly.

Twinkle

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I vote we dont let KGB Matt race and chain him to the BBQ, he does a REALLY MEAN BBQ  :4_17_5: :smitten: :smitten:

:LolLolLolLol:  He eats as much as he cooks though and he has to have a beer with his barbie so guess I'm driving home  ::)

Nice idea though xx

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I'll have a chat to the wife and see if she's up for it (the BBQ'ing). She was on about making flapjacks as well or something???

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 11:15 AM »
That sounds like a plan, I do love a bbq, mind you I like all food, but BBQ is cool :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 12:01 PM »
Would it not be better to go to a cash and carry and buy the buns, buggers and hot dogs and then sell them. It would cut down on any arguing over space on the barbie and who's food was who's.

se bikes

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 12:50 PM »
Would it not be better to go to a cash and carry and buy the buns, buggers and hot dogs and then sell them. It would cut down on any arguing over space on the barbie and who's food was who's.

Depends who's cooking Si, dont want you trying to nobble the opposition with dodgy burgers  :shocked: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Damn, there goes that tactic  :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Damn, there goes that tactic  :LolLolLolLol:

1 step ahead buddy, remember that  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 02:41 PM »
I wouldn't underestimate you at all Nik.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 04:05 PM »
Would it not be better to go to a cash and carry and buy the buns, buggers and hot dogs

Is that where you pick them up in the East Kent area??  Remind me not to go to any Makro's or Nurdin & Peacock's down your way!!   :) Liking the BBQ idea - can Justin arrange the weather too??  Humps

jazzyje

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 07:35 PM »
we were going to sell the burgers but tbh its just another thing to worry about.there will be an area for the bbq and if anyone else would like to bring there own and fire it up thats fine.probably a better idea actually as one bbq wont go round.but this area will be the only place allowed for bbq's though for safety reasons.my bbq will be there and your welcome to use it.i think it will add a nice touch to the day especialy if we get the weather.theres fewer places i'd rather be than at a bmx track on a sunday, with a decent burger and a cold can in my hand.luverly!! 8)

jazzyje

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 07:25 PM »
just a reminder.there will be no burger van next week but there will be a bbq area weather permitting.so bring plenty of food and drink and rubbish bags.cheers,justin.

xtremepervert

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 09:30 PM »
 :D Justin, can't you get hold of that sexy little dolly-bird Amy to run the BBQ, preferbly in her underwear!!! I'm sure you'd do a roaring trade then. :P :P

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 09:36 PM »
dolly-bird Amy

You wish Dave!!  Wouldn't be interested in an old f**t like you I bet!!   >:D See you next week.  Humps

jazzyje

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 10:03 PM »
i would dave but then you would'nt be able to come as she's still got that restraining order on you ;D

spillers#1

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Dave mate your like a dog on heat  :LolLolLolLol: justin did you know that dave is a B.A.D BMX member  :D he even wheres an orange race top  :P

thecrooch

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 10:48 AM »
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=ct3&day=6

Dont think anyone will be running around in underwear this sunday!!! Looks Bloody freezing - a warm Barbie will welcome we can all stand round to warm up!

Oh has anyone got the addy for the track please.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BBQ at hersden

gfxgfx
gfx gfx