gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Fiola
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fiola  (Read 1249 times)

lodge

Fiola
« on: April 12, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I have heard some people say Fiola was hyped BITD but check this pic from a demo he did in 83 he had never seen this ramp before let alone ridden it, Fairplay to the man to air like this on a ramp that skinny (even by old skool stds) is not hype but commands respect. Definately at his peak around this time.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Fiola
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 05:59 AM »
 thats a great photo steve. God only knows why we didn't think of wider ramps sooner than we did
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 06:52 AM »

yum yum

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 07:42 AM »
kin ell that is a small ramp  :shocked:

lodge

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:06 AM »
Check he's front wheel on this x-up, its off the side of the ramp and thats with the bars x-up

Here's a close up for the fiola fans.

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:31 AM »
Like anyone in any sport Eddie had his peak and I'd say that flying banana look was right there in the peak.  Of course he was later overtaken by the up-and-comers but who wasn't?

yoda

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Great pics, the crowds saying it all really.... god it takes you back eh

lodge

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Great pics, the crowds saying it all really.... god it takes you back eh

Fiola and Morales had to be sneaked out the back window of a caravan that day the crowd were going that mental they were gonna get hurt, there was hundreds of em all banging on the caravan to get at them. seen nowt like it.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I can only see the x-up pic  ???
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Fiola was a big favourite for me back in those days, he was smooth and innovative. Does anyone have a copy of the old GT world tour video? Not sure the year or who the other rider was but i think he was on the dark red world tour with black and white GT Dyno cozzy on. I watched that until the tape wore out and would love top get my hands on a copy. It was inddor for the most part

lodge

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Fiola was a big favourite for me back in those days, he was smooth and innovative. Does anyone have a copy of the old GT world tour video? Not sure the year or who the other rider was but i think he was on the dark red world tour with black and white GT Dyno cozzy on. I watched that until the tape wore out and would love top get my hands on a copy. It was inddor for the most part

At a guess ask Jeff Spicoli

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:40 AM »
I can see em all now....anyway, I have to confess to never being a Fiola fan but cool pics none-the-less!

But, even though I was never a Fiola fan, anyone who could get high and smooth out of Pipeline has my respect because that was one mean bowl and very sadly demolished by idiots! But that's another story.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 09:59 AM »
  fiola friggin rocks, dave breed was the other guy on the world tour, hopefully getting a copy of it in a few weeks

daz your now banned from anything GT or fiola for being daft

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 10:17 AM »
daz your now banned from anything GT or fiola for being daft

Pete...sorry mate, I love all things GT, I've had 3 Performers myself but I had a bad experience bitd with Fiola behaving like a spoiled kid that just put me off him. I'm sure he's a cool guy but it was just one of those moments that sticks with you.

Sorry mate.

magna13

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 10:29 AM »
 :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: Nice Pix

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 07:51 AM »
I did have a copy of the GT world tour with Dave Curry, Spicoli, another English Rider Andy Preston? Jess Dyrenforth? , Dave Breed and Fiola. I dont have it anymore as my ex wife chucked all my stuff in the bin. djbenice might have it as his dad was the GT rep at the time and the driver on that tour.

:shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:.......always said pete was my bestest mate

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Fiola

gfxgfx
gfx gfx