gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old Skool Photo Help Needed.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Skool Photo Help Needed.  (Read 930 times)

lodge

Old Skool Photo Help Needed.
« on: March 28, 2008, 07:49 PM »
I was round at my parents today and was given a shed load of old skool photos and 35mm slides. I was stoked as i thought I'd lost all my old photos in a flood we had a few years back. Anyway I would like to post some up on here so was wondering the best way to do this, I assume I'll need a scanner,If so which one should I buy, I dont need a printer as i have one so a stand alone scanner would do. (I wouldnt care I binned a scanner a few years back coz i didnt use it) What can be done with the 35mm slides?
Any advice appreciated.

moley

Re: Old Skool Photo Help Needed.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 08:04 PM »
What do you want to do.   Transfer all of it to digital?

There are dedicated 35mm slide scanners available but I have never used one.   Look on google to find them.

I don't know whether a normal scanner would do slides but it should handle the photos okay.

There are firms out there that will convert you slides and/or photo's to digital (jpeg etc, etc) that might be the best for quality.

If you do then get them to convert your photos/slides get them to save the images in a Lossless format not jpeg.  Jpegs are lossy and approximate detail not actual detail.

If you haven't got many photos then I'd be willing to scan them.   I'm not sure about the 35mm slide though!!!!

Longun

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 08:43 PM »
My scanner Canon Canoscan 4400f can do slides (and negatives) as well as photos. Think it cost me about £70. So either get one like that, or mail me the slides and I'll scan them for you and return them.

welsh denny

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 10:46 PM »
i have a normal scanner which is great for pics but need to get another for scanning film, negs etc  as a mate of mine (chris fowler) has given me 2 shoeboxes full of negs and film which i would love to bring back to life. 1 box is skate, the other bmx which has loads of the reardons, cameron and many guests who frequented the ramp room. bought one for 50 quid from aldi's a fe years ago to do this but never got it to do anything. :knuppel2:

seen em for 200 quid in the shops, if you can get em cheaper and rad members have used em with ease then let me know what make & model i should keep an eye out for. ;)

lodge

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Thanks for the offers of scanning these for me lads it really is a kind offer, It would now seem that I could well have all the negatives for the photos i lost so i have decided to buy a scanner that can do the slides and negatives as there not that expensive. (i had no idea it was that easy)
I dont know where the slides came from or exactly whats on em but i do know they are old school bmx so looking forward to seeing whats on em.

moley

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Good luck with the scanning.

LMK how you get on!!

lodge

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Will do moley.

Longun

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 11:46 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the results.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Old Skool Photo Help Needed.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx