gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  CALLING JOE AND ALEX!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CALLING JOE AND ALEX!!!  (Read 868 times)

muttley

CALLING JOE AND ALEX!!!
« on: March 28, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Your opinions, input, history, worth having?  and any other info please  ;)

2000 Dirt bike

Sabbath

Warpig

Dirtbike classic ?

SaMAlex

Re: CALLING JOE AND ALEX!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:09 PM »
I guess is depends what you are wanting them for. They are all great frames, and would make nice "builds". All 1 1/8 headtube/forks and all very well made. Not so sure about using them as riders tho, esp if you want to do todays riding on them. Remember, they are all late 90s frames, when weight saving was just on the track.

2000 Dirt bike
This is actually a "Next Gen" dirtbike. I had one in 1997, and I just found it too heavy. Sure, I had loads of heavy parts on it but the frame just pushed it too far. After that I started to go light, and ended up using a Challenger for a while.

Sabbath
A Very heavy bike, and mainly a flatland bike. Very short. Designed by Sean McKinney (who has just bought out a 19"tt LAF)

Warpig
This is the street version of the Sabbath, much the same frame but without the platform. Great for big drop offs without fear of the frame braking.... not so sure about the floor tho! Designed by Troy McMurry, who was tuff as nails. He had a fight with the Metal Mulisha, they were all in fullface helmets and body armor ... and they still didnt stop him!

Dirtbike classic ?
This would probably make the best rider. Its a face lifted OverSized Dirtbike. Better (standard style) headtube gusset and 990 mounts on the seat stays. This would be the lightest frame of all 4, but Id guess at it still being around the 6 lb mark.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need to know any more.

muttley

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Cheers Alex, found the lot for sale NOS.

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I have drawn my the line at 1" only. If I did want to get Over Sized frames too, Id love a Sabbath and a Warpig. Id mount them side by side, like when you get a statue of a horse and a dragon each side of a gateway.

Joe had both of them but he might have sold them on now. I think Harris had them both too but I cant keep up with Dans bikes!

Can you get them at a good price?

darkersomeday

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 12:20 PM »
nos?

NOS!!!!???

i'd build any of those phuckers :daumenhoch:

all nice frames, but like alex said, they might be a bit on the industrial side for a rider like ;)

all relatively short top tubes too, the longest would likely be the dirtbikes at "20.5,

still worth a fine mid school build though :daumenhoch:

i'd love that warpig :smitten:

what colours are the ones you found dude?

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 12:23 PM »
Wow, inside 30 mins and we both replied. That aint bad. Im glad we've both got the "Radphone" watches now, that lets us know when someone needs us.

For the right price Id still be tempted by a NOS Sabbath and Warpig ..... but as Ive got no money, the right price would have to be free!  :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Id mount them side by side, like when you get a statue of a horse and a dragon each side of a gateway.

:LolLolLolLol: mint,

just want a warpig to fuel my delusions of being richard III :daumenhoch:

i sold the warpig i started as i just couldnt track the stickers for it down, still got the nos sabbath though, its nearly finished  :shocked:

muttley

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Making some enquiries at the moment, would love these all built up thay look the f*ckin biz  :coolsmiley:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 12:49 PM »
oo i like them ,they can be a tad beefy but you wont break them
any are worth building imo.

darkersomeday

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 01:15 PM »
dans not messing about either,

you know what we need though dude.......pics!!

lets have a look at these fine bbw :daumenhoch:

"excuse me please mr kind face, can you find a small space in your heart to offer up a comely price for all four of these lonely frames please.....please?"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  CALLING JOE AND ALEX!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx