gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX BACK ON BLUEPETER!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX BACK ON BLUEPETER!  (Read 334 times)

wildwood1971

BMX BACK ON BLUEPETER!
« on: March 27, 2008, 11:37 AM »
Not sure if any one watches Blue Peter, watched yesterday with my kids and virtually the whole programme was dedicated to BMX. They had some ramps in the studio did a little feature on racing and the up coming Olympics and some flatland and even a world record attempt.

Reminded me of the 80's and Andy Ruffell. They really supported the Scene and promoted the sport in a very positive fashion

Hope this kick starts the BMX seen to the masses, we all want to see he kids out of hoddies and back riding bikes - this has got to be great news for all us parents that want our kids pushing BMX and not drugs and street crime.

Sounds stupid but made me proud to be part of the scene just hope the kids see how much fun it can be.

Paul  :daumenhoch:

lodge

Re: BMX BACK ON BLUEPETER!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:21 PM »
Agreed, I only seen the record attempt yesterday but I remember BMX on blue peter several times as a kid, Ron Wilkerson included.

macky

Re: BMX BACK ON BLUEPETER!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:36 PM »

Wish i could have watched that... bmx needs to be televised more, at the right time slots!!

It's no good showing the likes of Backyard 2005 on Ch4 at 4a.m. !!

Bmx beat was Great for that.. 11pm  Saturday mornings!! great slot!!

If more kids are to get involved in this sport... it needs to be shown to them on THEIR programs more!! 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX BACK ON BLUEPETER!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx