gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  what long as fook early midschool race frames are there?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what long as fook early midschool race frames are there?  (Read 2140 times)

dialledbikes

Re: what long as fook early midschool race frames are there?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 10:28 AM »
MCS did a XXL

REYNOLDS as in Craig Reynolds made a huge frame - cant remember the  name though

BADD frames are real sweet understated rides

what about .....

ROADKILL

CLAYBORN

LEARY DIRT WERX

Reynolds did the Supermodel (Craig Reynolds signature frame), Rap 42 (Barry McManus signature frame) and the Puppy (can't remember the name of the kid that was made for).  Supermodel was Pro/Pro XL.  Rap 42 was long (probably Pro XXL.  The Puppy was a big Expert/small Pro size frame.

I agree with JJ that Badd frames are very under rated and would be a good find.

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Although they often measured short in the 90s, Ive gotta say an XL S&M Challenger.

Dialled Mike ... Harris .... JJ ....? What do your ones measure up at? (I think yours are all XL but maybe they are the shorter "Pro")

I think mine is the Pro size as when I first got it I measured it and pretty sure it came in around 20.25" or 20.5".  Definitely not longer than 20.5", but after riding the Assassin (too long for me at 21") and the PK Ripper (too short for me at 19.5"), the Challenger feels just right.

I need to rebuild it soon and do a bit of OS racing on it.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 10:43 AM »
the s&m SMXXXXXXX..XXXXXL

SaMAlex

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 10:51 AM »
The Challenger is great, but lets not forget about the Holmes. A little heavier than the Challenger but there was many a Holmes frame on the AA gate in the early 90s. Even if it didnt have S&M stickers on it!

Dave Clymer and Todd Lyons were both happy on a Holmes (21" tt, same as the XL Challenger), but they would tend to do backflips in the motos, enter the Jump comp before the mains AND go street riding after the race .... all on the one bike!

dialledbikes

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Yep, the Holmes, in my opinion, is/was S&M's best frame.  It was the first new school frame I ever bought (in 1996) and I loved the way it rode.

I didn't like the NG Holmes at all (or the NG Dirt Bike).

I've got a 1" threaded Holmes in a box in America which was gonna be my OS race bike until I found out that 990 brakes weren't legal.  I'll probably restore it one day.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  what long as fook early midschool race frames are there?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx