gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975754 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 08:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Joe Kid UK Supply
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Joe Kid UK Supply  (Read 3570 times)

fatboymal

Joe Kid UK Supply
« on: December 20, 2005, 05:40 PM »
I fancy a quick rant. Was looking forward to settling down on Christmas night to a bottle of Amarone and Joe Kid on a Stingray, curtousy of my wifes present to me, ordered from Alans as instructed.

I've never had anything but good to say about Alans, have spent a fortune with them, but they stated on their website that Joe Kid was arriving on Dec 20th. My wife pays £6.95 or something for quick delivery, but when she enquired today they stated that it was not in yet but will be dispatched as soon as it arrives.

Check the website again and Alans now states that it will not arrive until the 23rd and that they cannot guarantee delivery before Xmas! So why not email everyone who has pre-ordered and tell them, as this was NOT what was stated on the website before!!

I am sure it is not their fault (at least I fooking hope it isn't) that it is delayed, but telling the people who had pre-ordered should be the first thing hey do surely. :santa_angry: Who else has ordered from Alans?

WizardWeb

Re: Joe Kid UK Supply
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:23 PM »
I've ordered Joe Kid from them. To be honest I've not any problems as such, the niggles I've had have been handled reasonably well.

I'd ordered a t-shirt from them earlier in the year. (You know the Neil Ruffell Cherry picker one where they've super-imposed Christs head on him) but when my Dorkin DVD set arrived, there was a note saying the t-shirt was not being made anymore.

They were good about it and offered me free P&P if I ordered something different. However, that T shirt is still on the website and I so I emailed them again and the answer was the same. Makes you wonder what else is still on the website that shouldn't be..... ???

Offline Romswife

• Team Owner
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:40 PM »
i have also ordered a copy of the dvd for dave as part of his christmas pressie, so am a bit disappointed that it will not arrive on time, and yes a courtesy email would have been a good idea, i only found out there was a delay when dave mentioned it

DJ

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I've also ordered the dvd from Alan & was hoping to have it for xmas but hey, it's not his fault & it isnt like we're never gonna get them is it? PLus, we've waited an eternity for the damn flick so a few extra days wont hurt...... will it?
AS for the cherry-picker t-shirt try www.prettyheavy.com or get hold of Carlo Griggs as he is the UK distrobutor for Pretty Heavy

fatboymal

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 08:46 PM »
it's not his fault & it isnt like we're never gonna get them is it?

As I said on my first post, I am sure it is not his fault. But I am pissed off that I had to find out for myself from the website that I was not going to get it - especially when an email to them yesterday as to whether we would get it for Christmas went unanswered.

Basically, as I said I am just pissed off I will not get to see it until after Christmas, I have been looking forward to it for ages. Now I'll have to watch a fooking re-run of The Sound of Music or some such christmas day shit.

Do I keep the Amarone until I get the DVD?? :santa_grin:

sadowdgit

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:26 PM »
i think they only found out 2day that it was'nt coming in till the 23rd .... the suppliers let him down.

mine's orderd too

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 11:06 PM »
I ordered mine a week or so ago and i've checked on his site to find out when it's delivered yesterday it was 21st today it's 23rd.

it just give us something more to look forward to after  the selection boxes have been eaten and the jimmy carr/ the extras dvd's have been watched.

priv

fatboymal

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 08:08 AM »
I ordered mine a week or so ago and i've checked on his site to find out when it's delivered yesterday it was 21st today it's 23rd.

Just bad timing on my part then, they must have just changed the site, I guess they did not know when they were getting it when I emailed them the day before yesterday..

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 03:49 PM »
whats the fuss all about when your a grown up and something doesn't arrive for xmas.santa only has one pair of hands  :santa_grin: on a serious note always read the listing i.e
We are taking Pre-orders for this video and we are told by our supplier it'll be here JUST before Christmas, but we cannot GUARANTEE delivery before Christmas - if it's here in time we'll sure as heck do our best to get them out same-day!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 03:55 PM by retrorider.u.k »

fatboymal

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 05:32 PM »
always read the listing i.e We are taking Pre-orders for this video and we are told by our supplier it'll be here JUST before Christmas, but we cannot GUARANTEE delivery before Christmas - if it's here in time we'll sure as heck do our best to get them out same-day!  ;)

That's the point!!! That is what it says NOW, that is NOT what it said when my wife ordered. They changed the listing..

Anyway, I've already drunk the Amarone   :santa_cheesy:

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 05:43 PM »
that was on there the day it was listed and i ordered my copy the same day off geth's post . ::)

fatboymal

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 10:19 PM »
that was on there the day it was listed and i ordered my copy the same day off geth's post . ::)

Well then they must have been fooking psychic at the time, as according to Kelly at Alans they thought up until the day before yesterday that they were arriving on the 20th  ::) ::)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 07:17 AM »
it`s only a bloody dvd not your heart transplant ,that the problem with this country everyone want it done yesterday   :rant:
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Geth

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 07:50 AM »
I definitely remember it saying on the website that they cannot guarantee Xmas delivery.
It did say they would try their damned hardest though.
It will come in the week between Xmas & New year so don't panic!! :santa_cheesy:

fatboymal

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 08:07 AM »
For fooks sake I only fancied a rant after a few jars... drop it will you all!  :LolLolLolLol:

it`s only a bloody dvd not your heart transplant ,that the problem with this country everyone want it done yesterday

Anyway, this is the only country where you can't get anything done yesterday...there was an article last weekend about a Toyota dealer in the US holding 1500 Camrys in different colours/options, so that people could just walk in and buy one. Apparantly around 80% of all car sales are done instantly. Even 50% of Rolls Royces, listing at over $500K, are bought and then driven away.

I ordered a sofa, standard size, standard colour. Certainly sir they said, that will be 14 weeks, please pay now. 14 Weeks! That is 3 days to make the fooking thing, and 95 days to maybe go bust with your money and to scratch their arses..

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 08:44 AM »
its easy just read the listing as i quoted which was on the first day alans listed it. :santa_smiley:

fatboymal

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Hey hey, looks like I will be watching it on Christmas Day after all..... :)

Cheers Paul.

fatboymal

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 06:13 PM »
OK, OK, now I feel like a twat :-[

I could winge about Alans first telling me that I definately not getting the DVD, and then when I cancel the order saying "Too late, we've already sent it." But I won't...

Looks like I'l have 2 DVD's to watch... :santa_grin:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 01:10 PM »
got mine this morning just watched it and........................IT'S FCUKING AMAZING.

well done alansbmx :santa_afro: :santa_afro: :santa_afro:

priv

Offline Mattskybeat

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 10:20 PM »
ive been charged twice for mine and still not recieved it !!!!    >:(

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Mine only arrived yesterday Matt, it`s fantastic your really missing out  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 10:38 PM »
STILL NOT GOT MINE YET EITHER  :santa_angry:

Offline Mattskybeat

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2006, 10:39 PM »
cheers again billy, your being really helpfull tonight   ;D

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 09:23 AM »
so after giving a moan back i`m pee off as still haven`t got mine  :santa_cry: 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2006, 11:06 AM »
paul....still aint got mine either matey....shelly paid for mine the first day alans advertised it...oh well, all good things to those who wait

Dave
haro, how do you do

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Joe Kid UK Supply

gfxgfx
gfx gfx