gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spoke question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spoke question  (Read 532 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Spoke question
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Will soon be re-spoking some Araya rims, these are not received as of yet.

The rims are 20" x 1.75 i think in blue. They have a large flange suntour hub on them. Which length spoke will i require to do this horrible job and roughly how many will i need ?????????

How easy is it a job to re-lace them, considering they are already spoked i thought that removing one and replacing one at a time would be the easiest option for a village idiot like myself.

Cheers guys

Andy
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

perry

Re: Spoke question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:12 PM »
i dont know aout lengths but if you phone alans up im sure he will tell you and if no one on here knows then i have a link to a spoke calculator

best get to the gsport site and absorb the wheel building guide , its not as hard as it looks and with the wheels stripped you can get the rim and hub  sparkly clean unlike if you did a spoke at a time  :)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: Spoke question
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:09 PM »
here you go andy this should help. I have built a couple of sets of Araya 7x on Large Flange Hubs and this little guide hasn't let me down.

marc  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Spoke question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx