gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 02:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What would you like to see making a comeback?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What would you like to see making a comeback?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
What would you like to see making a comeback?
« on: March 14, 2008, 05:19 AM »
We have uni and kashi making seats it seems and a fair few others getting in on the old school vibe.

What would you like to see being made again? I know this is a sore subject for many but for me it'd have to be the grips and tyres, that stuff ran out quicker than anything else but wouldn't it be nice to get off the shelf yellow label comps and oakley F1's in blue and red. I know it's against the OS ethic and all that but i'm a lazy man.

What would you like to see getting remade by an OS co?

Trev

Re: What would you like to see making a comeback?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:03 AM »
i'd like hanging to make a comeback...

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:08 AM »
at the moment i say dia compe brakes ie mx1000 ,otherwize i say texas bars  ;)
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 07:08 AM »

any black grips and dx

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 07:18 AM »
In me honest opinion , fook all .What would be the point of this old school building if you could just buy it off the shelf, its not just about the money, what about the time that would have been wasted waiting for them parts to come up for sale , and alot of peeps on here and globally have built these collection s of bikes and parts over years , and by the flick of a button these companys could wipe all that out. See , these parts are becoming more expensive , so i can see it from a point that it would allow many more peeps to afford to build , but , there is also the peeps who have collected for years to think about, as i said not just the money they ve spent but the time too

dannywhiteley

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:05 AM »
As a complete novice to this hobby, and someone who will never be hardcore into rare parts / era correctness / etc I completely agree with the above statement.

Nothing should be reissued as its just a cop out for all those people who cant be arsed.  Its very lazy IMO to expect to be able to get a part off the shelf without having to search / pay for it.  If you could just pick reissues up for penny's  it would completely destroy the hobby.

Ive seen it in other hobbies (Star Wars toys, rare parts for cars etc) when direct copies are reissued and it ruins it.  The nearest you can get away with is the retro stuff that has the feeling of the originals but are updated for modern use.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:11 AM »
fella's i don't think Bob's saying bring everything back.......i think it was a general hypathetical question??

for me?  well i guess to fook everyone off  ;)  i'd go for the Gen 1  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:31 AM »
everything. good as original, at the original prices.

am I asking too much?

okay, Black MX1000's complete with Tech III's, £50 a set.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Frame/fork sets from once great compamies ie GT/Mongoose/Diamondback etc.

*Flatland in the X-Games would be a bonus too*

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:23 AM by HEYWOOD BMX »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:02 AM »
I heard Tioga are jumping on the bandwagon also.

For me, cheap single pinch Redline cranks would be nice as they are just out of my price range, and also shotgun seats  ;)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Proper number plates.   I love newschool race bikes, but what I hate is the stupid little number plates that the racers use.  A £1000 bike and a paper plate with a number written on it?  It looks stupid.

Bitd, we took pride in our number plates, we had some amazing designs from some excellent companies.  These days it is a forgotten part.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12 AM »
good call stidds
I want to touch ORB

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 09:35 AM »
If parts are made today , say mx 1000 s , would they be exactly the same? would nt there now be higher manufacturing standards and regulations that have to be met ?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Forget the techincal stuff, wardy. Just for fun. What do you want?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 09:44 AM »
them plastic chain protecter  tubes like shower tube
I want to touch ORB

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Cadbury's Wispas!

oops, is this in the wrong bit of the forum?  ;)

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 09:45 AM »
 :) Blockaboots

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 09:47 AM »
original redline 400 pinchless cranks, Original skyway graphites, hutch aero speed cranks, shimano DX s and original LG s

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I'd like Hot Shoppe to do some other oldschool replica race shirts, so we could buy 'oldschool' race tops which we might actualy fit into  :D  The only ones I ever see coming up on fleabay are kids sizes.  And some retro styled Haro & JT race pants would be cool too.  I agree with some people that 100% faithful copies would always allow some dodgy ebay geezers to try and pass it off as the real deal and run the risk of lowering values of 'real' parts due to the associated confusion and waryness of buyers but, as with the Skyway T/A reissue, I can also see how great it would be for some parts to make a comeback, just as long as there was some clear way of identifying it as modern, so it couldn't be passed off as genuine 70's/80's parts.  

The Hutch aerospeed arms are a case in point.  Kappa were doing some excellent replicas which used a standard 19mm Profile spindle.  I wouldn't care a bit if they decided to have 'Kappa' etched on the back of the arms, just in case some moron thought Hutch used to sell their cranks with 19mm Profile spindles  :uglystupid2:.  It would mean some of us, who either don't have £2k to spend on genuine Hutch cranks or wouldn't spend £2k on cranks even if we did have it, could have the stunning looks of the old part with newschool reliability and cheaper costs.

For those who want real genuine oldcshool parts, then buying 'snide' or newschool replica parts, will never be a serious option, but to a lot of others it really isn't that much of an issue if it means that oldschool build can get finished at last.  To some people they're only wanting their bikes to have the look and feel of their old bike, evoking memories of their bmxing youth, and it's not such a priority keeping it 100% authentic.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 09:58 AM »
On a more serious note, I'd like to see the 3-wheeled disabled carriages, made by AC Cars, making a comeback.  Hell, they even come in SE baby blue  ;D

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 10:03 AM »
 :) Kenny,do you mean the classic "Spacca Chariot"?

Longun

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I think I'd go with tyres. Keep you original sets for showing the bike but currently if you want to race it you either have to use your expensive originals, put on some nasty snides that just don't work or use some new school things with black walls that just look wrong. Quite happy to have them labelled up differently but OS bikes look wrong without skinwalls.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 10:21 AM »
On a more serious note, I'd like to see the 3-wheeled disabled carriages, made by AC Cars, making a comeback.  Hell, they even come in SE baby blue  ;D

Years ago (late teens) me and a load of mates comming home from the pub lifted one of these over a wall and put it in a front garden, i still feel bad about it  :-[

JT71

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 10:28 AM »
but not bad enough to stop you telling the story to get some cheap laughs eh?  :daumenhoch:

but that is bloody funny.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Aye, my soul is well and truly sold  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What would you like to see making a comeback?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx