gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Made a little progress today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Made a little progress today  (Read 923 times)

Blue70

Made a little progress today
« on: March 14, 2008, 01:10 AM »
Made a little progress today,
I hope the decals will be here tomorrow.
I still need to clean the wheels up, but at least I did repack them with new bearings and grease.

Here's the before again

and here it is right now

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Made a little progress today
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:27 AM »
It's getting there. Sweet job cleaning up that spider mate!

Are the wheels Skyway OE?

And what's the history on the bike, Blue? is it yours from your youth or a score from the bay?

My only nerdish misgivings are the crank and pedals but if you're going to ride it i'll shut up  :-X

Looking good whatever though!

Blue70

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:11 AM »
It's getting there. Sweet job cleaning up that spider mate!

Are the wheels Skyway OE?

And what's the history on the bike, Blue? is it yours from your youth or a score from the bay?

My only nerdish misgivings are the crank and pedals but if you're going to ride it i'll shut up  :-X

Looking good whatever though!

Yes, the wheels are Skyway OEs.
I picked it up from someone on line that saw a post I had on a non-bike related forum, I had shown a few of the bikes I have done in the past
and one of them was a Green Master, the guy said, "I have one of those" I asked what he wanted, and picked it up as you see it in the before
photos for $125.. He drove across 3 states and delivered it last weekend.

The bike will be more for riding with my son once he gets rolling, so it's not perfect, but I want it to look nice, and somewhat period correct.
The pedals reminded me of the old Shimano DX pedals I used to run on my old White 86 Sport back in the early 90s (sold it in 98 at a yardsale for $25  :idiot2: ) at a fraction of the cost.. (I paid $17 for these, the real ones are $70 and up on Ebay for nice ones)
The cranks were cheap.. I am going to remove the "Poverty" mark when I get a chance, just so it don't stand out as much..
I would also like to find some "gum wall" Blue tires so that they look more correct..

Right now, the first thing on my list is brakes..

The decals and seat are already on the way.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Great stuff, it shouldn't be to hard to source out the tyres you want. keep us posted  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:26 AM »
On the riding with your son note, i've had my 7 year old lad riding my old 20" which has been great till he falls off. The trouble is i've always told him if he feels the bike start to go away from him he should jump away from it and let it go, which he has down to a tee now and is not a problem on his haro 16", on my old bike though with those os pedals, grips and brake levers slamming on the floor? i guess that's what they were made for. It still pangs a bit  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Made a little progress today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx