gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hatta mx-10 headset assembly - please help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hatta mx-10 headset assembly - please help!  (Read 672 times)

FAT BARRY

hatta mx-10 headset assembly - please help!
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Hi, i'm currently on my 1st build - starting with a raw '85 skyway streetbeat F & F set.

I've purchased a hatta mx-10 headset but cannot for the life of me work out how it's supposed to go  :-[

I've looked at a pics of bikes in the museum & still cant figure it out - can anyone give me some advice please?

The headset came with a threaded nut, a washer with keyway, threaded dustcover (?) complete with ballrace, thickish spacer washer that sits in ballrace, another dustcover (unthreaded) complete with ballrace & a really thick spacer washer that sits into ballrace... Is it complete? Should it be assembled in this way (how it was in the box) ?

Do i have to leave parts out or modify them?

Any help greatly appreciated  :daumenhoch:

jackel

Re: hatta mx-10 headset assembly - please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:07 PM »
thick coned washer fits on the bottom of the forks then bearing race on that but greased up.yo have to knock the cup in the bottom of the head of the frame,and the top of the frame you knock the cone in,youll tell the bits that need knocking into the frame. then next bearing race on the top cone(greased) with the forks inserted.then threaded dustcover on top of that tightened as much as possible by hand.locking washer then the bit that sticks into the middle locks on forks you,ll see the groove in the threads,to finish it up locking nut which you tighten with spanner.hope this helps :)

FAT BARRY

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Thanks alot jackel - the knocking in bit was obviously whats been scaring me & why none of it seemed to fit  :-[

Think i best wait until i've had it powdercoated before i start banging bits in though!

Thanks again mate - your help is really appreciated  :daumenhoch:

jackel

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Thanks alot jackel - the knocking in bit was obviously whats been scaring me & why none of it seemed to fit  :-[

Think i best wait until i've had it powdercoated before i start banging bits in though!

Thanks again mate - your help is really appreciated  :daumenhoch:
np mate best site for help here :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hatta mx-10 headset assembly - please help!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx