gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How long has the old school scene being going strong?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How long has the old school scene being going strong?  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: How long has the old school scene being going strong?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 07:13 PM »
You know the NASS event for me was so typical of what was happening for old bmx at that point
me and bob acid being let into NASS as athletes ffs, we were so wasted on the sat night , eh bren lol
and to top it off we had to wobble round the mentalist track i had ever seen with 1000s of people watching us ,it was sureal
grand master flash on the decks
and one of the hartlepool massive getting up on stage to beak dance , and pulling it off

Rich

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 07:19 PM »
You know the NASS event for me was so typical of what was happening for old bmx at that point
me and bob acid being let into NASS as athletes ffs, we were so wasted on the sat night , eh bren lol
and to top it off we had to wobble round the mentalist track i had ever seen with 1000s of people watching us ,it was sureal
grand master flash on the decks
and one of the hartlepool massive getting up on stage to beak dance , and pulling it off

Rich

That was a mental weekend, thanks Rich ;D :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 08:31 PM »
long long time ago I decided I wanted an old BMX and met Kirk and McNulty via Ebay (98/99 ish ) already new Baldbmxer as I raced with him at that time and he had shed loads of stuff already back then  :4_17_5:

Then met people like Wax/Bob?Ron?Dan ect and never looked back  :coolsmiley:

nowadays its more about riding and friends than the old bikes but its all good to me

:) DINGO :)

p.s elastic band start gate for MK08????

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 09:21 PM »
long long time ago I decided I wanted an old BMX and met Kirk and McNulty via Ebay (98/99 ish ) already new Baldbmxer as I raced with him at that time and he had shed loads of stuff already back then  :4_17_5:

nowadays its more about riding and friends than the old bikes but its all good to me

Elastic band start gate...  bollocks to that, guess you didn't see Jungle Geoff face plant the concrete start hill at Sankey, the rubber band went through his front wheel...  not nice at all :(
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 09:34 PM »
I got into o/s bmx around the time i went to my first Bug Jam around 9 yrs ago i think...Everyone was riding about on old bmx's and i thought this is a great excuse to ride mine again :)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 09:52 PM »

Elastic band start gate...  bollocks to that, guess you didn't see Jungle Geoff face plant the concrete start hill at Sankey, the rubber band went through his front wheel...  not nice at all :(

certainly did and I am sure its on you tube somewhere?

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 09:56 PM »
 :) Hopefully not going off subject too much,I dug out a few pics of the Sankey Valley meet today.Our friend Moley may be able to scan some onto his new site in the future.Might be a few of you on there?

kirk

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 08:12 AM »
That NASS event was indeed one of the best, massive crowd and we put on some great races with some big crashes, Jazzyj on the bottom of the start hill breaking his collar bone, Alan woods ove the bars on the doubles and my right hand hit his bike as he went over and broke my middle finger, but i still finished second in that race.

Wax and Bren lookin a little worse for wear :buck2: :2funny: Bacon cobs  :)

The thing was it was fun and new (even tho it was old)

The Alans events were great, even Bill and Hal from Vintage BMX made the trip from the usa and loved our pubs, poor old McNulty dropped his pint, it pissed down all day on the race day, Dingo had a pink and white CW California Freestyler, Geth Shooter and Dale holmes came for the weekend to show support, I had a Seven foot quarterpipe made for a freestyle comp that was rained off. all the guys from London drove 200 odd miles for a laugh,  happy days.

antiquebmx

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 08:31 AM »
Well started BMX early 80's got a blue burner when I was 12.  Then sold it for a bike that I went upto manchester to get a year later, it had a 531 chromoly frame,  then eventually got skyways, mx1000, SR cranks, dx pedals etc.  Was mad about it as a kid, not serious or really good or anything, we built a 1/4 pipe in garden, track down the road, used to ride upto Birmingham wheels, in the holidays and go around the track and ramps. loved it !!!  Then left school, got a bit embarrassed about having the bike although I still loved it, as i built it up. Used to leave it in town all day, then of course it got robbed, was gutted, police couldnt do anything, my mom stopped the insurance on it as we couldnt afford it, so i just lost it  :'(

That was that for a while, drinking, drugs , work , women etc!!  :daumenhoch:

About 1995, bought a Diamond Back, mid school used to ride it around for a while, always thought about getting a Haro my dream bike, but as moved around alot never got around to it. Then about 5 years ago, bought a PK Ripper frame, and restored it, its the one on my site,   then just went mad from there!!!  >:D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How long has the old school scene being going strong?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx