gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Thinking of selling - Mongoose Eric Rupe
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thinking of selling - Mongoose Eric Rupe  (Read 583 times)

Longun

Thinking of selling - Mongoose Eric Rupe
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:05 PM »
I had planned to restore this but a lack of space, time and money mean that that's very unlikely to happen. It's a Mongoose Eric Rupe, Not entirely sure of the year (i've been told 86 and 88) but I can tell you it was owned and raced originally by Russell Breach. I bought it off of him in the mid-nineties and then made it into a bike for my Ex's (then) 7-Y-O. I got it back in December when it looked like the 3rd picture. The Grey paint was scratched up and removing the tatty stickers just took more of it off so I stripped all the paint. The chrome underneath isn't bad. There's the usual marks on the dropouts and one of the dropouts on the forks is a bit worn (I'll take a photo tonight) but overall it's in pretty decent condition. I've got a set of repro Rupe stickers for it too.
I've not seen one of these come up, so I was wondering what sort of money it would be worth. Any ideas?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Thinking of selling - Mongoose Eric Rupe
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:25 PM »
Steve, give Lee Shurey a shout as he might be interested in it.  I remember Russ riding that, how sad is that  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Longun

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:50 PM »
He's already PM'ed me! I'll be sad to let it go - I (sort of) had it for 15 years.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00 PM »
He's already PM'ed me! I'll be sad to let it go - I (sort of) had it for 15 years.

If Lee gets it you know it will be in safe hands, unless he rides it  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Thinking of selling - Mongoose Eric Rupe

gfxgfx
gfx gfx