gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Calling all double pinch Redline Flight crank & Oakley F1 grip owners
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Calling all double pinch Redline Flight crank & Oakley F1 grip owners  (Read 865 times)

the_wheelie_king

Greetings men. I'm currently deep undercover on a rebuild and I've come up against a small problem. I'm running double pinch Flights and I'm thinking about putting an old school spider/sprocket combo on them, as I'm too cheap to do it properly and drop a small fortune for a semi-knackered 25 year old Redline bubble logo one. Is there an old spider that would fit these new cranks, and what type? Or is this just another half-arsed idea of mine?

Also, anyone out there ever successfully switched the sleeves on Oakley F1s? I want to make a particular colour combo up with the ones I've got, but I'd be inconsolable if I trashed four grips in attempting it.

Cheers, Bob

mark 2

In the box of your twin pinch flights there should be something known as a top hat washer to make a regular old school 22mm spider fit your 19mm spindle ;)

As for the F1's , your right they're too dear to learn the hard way. I'm a big fanny and not going to try it. They defo sold replacement sleeves for B1B grips so I'm guessing F1 too so should be possible

GREMLIN

I've swapped and replaced the sleeves on f1's a couple of times and have had no worries.  :daumenhoch:
I used a small, blunt, flat bladed screwdriver and carefully worked my way around the grips and moved the sleeve further on a bit at a time.
Slow and careful  ;)  G.  :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:31 AM by Gremlin »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Warming the grips up in hot water should help.

GREMLIN

Yup def  :daumenhoch:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:

yep, i mean, it works on your foreskin right??

or blow em of with an airline, the sleeves, not your foreskin

Dave
haro, how do you do

gossa

Bob, I have the top hat washer if you can't find one.

If this is for the Hutch then maybe a nice powerdisc and regular Tuf Neck chainring in 41T?  I can grab them from Hotwheels for cheap if you want and run them down the anodisers?

Bob, the flight rings on ebay in cruiser sizes usually go pretty cheap, everyone wants bigger sizes than 40/41T

Clive

the_wheelie_king

Ah, Gossa! Sounds like a plan to me...I'll wander into your shiny shop tomorrow and we'll talk a little more about this. Did you look at that ebay number I sent you this afternoon?

gossa

Yes mate, i've got black bullseyes in the shop if you want to look at them? I know you saw the polished ones but i've got blacks as well.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Calling all double pinch Redline Flight crank & Oakley F1 grip owners

gfxgfx
gfx gfx