gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  25th anniversary SKYWAY T/A's for sale!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 25th anniversary SKYWAY T/A's for sale!!!!!  (Read 770 times)

madmohican

25th anniversary SKYWAY T/A's for sale!!!!!
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:03 PM »
I don't know how late i am in telling people about this but coloredtuffs.com are doing a 25th anniversary T/A in late 2008. Only 150 will be built so get your orders in ASAP!!!!!!!!!  :daumenhoch: Lee

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 25th anniversary SKYWAY T/A's for sale!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Your only late by just under a year.  :LolLolLolLol:

But thanks anyway.  :daumenhoch:

snav69

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Your only late by just under a year.  :LolLolLolLol:

:2funny: yup

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:56 PM »
I don't know how late i am in telling people about this but coloredtuffs.com are doing a 25th anniversary T/A in late 2008. Only 150 will be built so get your orders in ASAP!!!!!!!!!  :daumenhoch: Lee

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Those of us that want them have already got our names on the list.

But don't let that discourage you from pointing things out though. We might have missed out on something.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 05:15 AM »
Cool!
 LOL....
 I posted some info about this elsewhere, but I lisst some info here too....

The "25th Anniversary" original framesets, using all original 4130 CrMo True Temper tubing that was cut and formed in the 80's, will be welded up within the next few weeks.  The first frameset was welded up Christmastime by Greg Esser (ABA Hall-Of-Famer, 1st NBL national #1 Pro, MCS Founder, Factory GT, Factory Skyway racer) then sent to Skyway for QC.  Skyway approved it this past week, so we are now in the process of getting all of the tubing shipped from California to Florida, where Greg will weld them up!

Greg Esser

I have a pretty massive email list of people that wanted a frameset, but I know that some people will drop off that list.  I'll start emailing people in a couple of weeks, and it will be then that we'll start taking official orders for these.

We will be making 150 framesets, as it appears there's only enough material to make that many.

As far as the "Retro" frames- We are planning on making 20" and 24" Retro T/A's much later this year.  Once we get everything sorted out, and we're ready to take orders, we will make enough to fill ALL orders that are made during our pre-order time period.
 These frames will feature all-new material.  These will have V-brake mounts, and 1-1/8" headtubes, as all modern race bikes do.  It'll have tear-drop shapped tubing on the top and down tubes.  It will be 100% Made in the USA, as well.

I'll post more soon!  Cheers!

-Ed
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:31 AM by ColoredTuffs.com »

moley

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Whats the geometry on the new TA and TT length?

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 03:18 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

sorry !! had to laugh  ;)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Come on guys he is a relative newcmomer and he was being helpful.  :daumenhoch:

Can I have some more info on the 24" retro. Put my name down for one of those!!!!!!

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 04:22 PM »
I have no info yet on the retro 20's or 24's.  I do know that the cruiser will be roomy though~!  I'm thinking a 22.5" top tube on that one..... maybe even 23"...... we'll see.  Maybe 2 size cruisers....
 Dunno yet...!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Not bothered about the retro stuff but I'm just gagging to give you my deposit for the original tubed model.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Not bothered about the retro stuff but I'm just gagging to give you my deposit for the original tubed model.  :LolLolLolLol:

Me too.  I know I made the top 100 so am sitting here with money burning a hole.......   ;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 07:39 PM »
I had an email saying I was as well so just waiting for the deposit to be asked for. ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Greg Esser made the first S&M Prince Albert cranks. I met him when he hand delivered the first 50 to S&M. We took him to the POW House (http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=56608.0), I dont know how impressed he was with "Pro" BMXers of the time. When he walked in, Lawan said "Greg Esser, I read about you in the scriptures"

Btw, those first 50 cranks were all rejected and sent back, but that’s another story.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  25th anniversary SKYWAY T/A's for sale!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx