gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Joe Kid screening @ Southsea
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Joe Kid screening @ Southsea  (Read 3797 times)

retrogeezer

Re: Joe Kid screening @ Southsea
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 08:11 PM »
cool - I can't make the 28th but if the date has changed thats good for me!  :)

puss in boots

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 03:50 PM »
It'd be great to borrow a copy from someone but it's a bit of a hassle plus a lot people are now going to make plans to come down a week or so after the 28th so I think we'll leave it until. Thankyou for the offer though, very grateful.
When we finally do get around to having the screening we are also going to have an old school slide show courtesy of Peter Hawkins. For those of you who know Pete, you'll know he has been around forever & has been to every major freestyule event there is/was. He's got some stunning slides of Fiola, Campbell, Wilkerson, Dominguez, Ruffell, Nourie, RL, Mirra, Hoffman, Freeman, Vanderspek... you get the picture right? Anyway, when we finally get the date sorted the slide will run before or after the film.

anyone know if he has got the 1985 king of the skatepark sorted ... he was gonna get a copy for us ..... would REALLY like one!!! hubby is in it  x x  ;)

RADHAB

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Cant get my head round the fact that there was going to be a screening and people (who possibly own copies) were already coming......and yet it is suddenly a hassle to have a screening and borrow a copy off of somebody who was already going...Mmmmm?????

DJ

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 08:56 PM »
Because, & I'm not saying this would happen BUT if we (@ Southsea) do the screening, use our projector, our screen & our copy of the DVD we dont have to rely on anyone but ourselves, that way if anything happens we are responsible, no-one else. THats fair enough isnt it? I'd feel terrible if someones copy got lost in the post or they couldnt make it down at the last minute & we were all sat there like plums. It's no big deal, the DVD should be here this week(?) & as soon as it is we'll re-arrange the screening for the following week. PLus we should have all the old school slides from Pete Hawkins as a before or after show. I know it's been a let down (I'm more pissed about it than most as it was my idea) but when it happens it'll be a good night for sure

RADHAB

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Because, & I'm not saying this would happen BUT if we (@ Southsea) do the screening, use our projector, our screen & our copy of the DVD we dont have to rely on anyone but ourselves, that way if anything happens we are responsible, no-one else. THats fair enough isnt it? I'd feel terrible if someones copy got lost in the post or they couldnt make it down at the last minute & we were all sat there like plums. It's no big deal, the DVD should be here this week(?) & as soon as it is we'll re-arrange the screening for the following week. PLus we should have all the old school slides from Pete Hawkins as a before or after show. I know it's been a let down (I'm more pissed about it than most as it was my idea) but when it happens it'll be a good night for sure

No worries DJ we'll get a few copies burnt, Just incase, that means there is no danger of any hiccups...........i'll even copy it to vcr and bring my video player just incase as well.........I'll give Efraim a call in the morning to let him know the great news!!!!! Tell yer what DJ you could bring all those pics you took at the oldschool reunion back in the summer i'm sure all the guys from this site would like to see em as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 09:30 PM by RADHAB »

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 09:49 PM »
im sure your not really gonna copy it steve...its illegal to do that, and im sure if you was gonna do it you wouldnt make it publicly known....  ;) ;)

Dave
haro, how do you do

RADHAB

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Dave, i would, just make the screening a Proper event and worth while without any hiccups. The law says you can make any amount of backup copies of your own discs so i'll lend DJ the backup copies no worries!!! should be a good night!!!!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005, 10:18 PM »
thought thats what you meant....

Dave
haro, how do you do

DJ

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 01:08 PM »
Guys, DO NOT GO TO SOUTHSEA tonight.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 01:10 PM »
Don`t worry Dave we will wait for the next date, I`d like to see the slide show myself  :coolsmiley:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

DJ

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Its only coz the council called me earlier to say the 'event' wouldnt be insured which doesnt fuss me (what can happen?) but the roller hockey club where we'll screen the flick (one day!) said they were not doing it without insurance. But no worries, it'll be sorted by the end of the week so again, as soon as the disc is here we're ready to roll....

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 05:07 PM »
There's a thread on Vintage. A lot of people are saying there have been problems with copies jumping and locking up on certain DVD players/game consoles. DJ do yourself a favor and when you get it play it before the night to make sure it works all the way through on the player you are going to use.

I heard it went a bit pear shaped at the San Francisco premier with the same problem and people got a bit lairy, doubt that'd happen here though we'd just think fek it and have another beer  :santa_wink:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Joe Kid screening @ Southsea

gfxgfx
gfx gfx