gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  France Rules .........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: France Rules .........  (Read 1278 times)

dialledbikes

France Rules .........
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:05 AM »
....... and so does Anthony Tuffs.

Triple jump at Montelimar BMX Track last Wednesday afternoon.  Pulled clean at the third attempt.  One of the raddest things I've ever witnessed.

Here's the video version:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 02:31 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: France Rules .........
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:08 AM »
hell of a jump   :shocked:
did you ride with my mate jay mills mike
as im sure he went.

dirtbro

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:10 AM »
that looks like a fookin amazing track

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Yes mate, Millsy was also on the trip.  Quite a few other Norfolk/Suffolk riders too.  Hell of a week.  We must've hit up about 20 tracks.  Every one of them better than anything I've ridden over here.  Even the French play tracks are better than our regional tracks  :(

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 05:41 PM »
thats cool  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 05:52 PM »
thats cool  :daumenhoch:

fookin rad more like  :shocked:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 06:18 PM »
fookinhell, looks like after the start hill it seems to go uphill, could just be the angle but that is some jump :shocked:

kevin rettie

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 06:19 PM »
some height... amazing    :daumenhoch:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 06:53 PM »
cool jump 8)

sounds like a good trip, sessioning tracks is great fun and the french tracks sound well good

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Forgot to mention there's a sizeable step up before that jump that Tuffy tripled.  Watching the vid again reminded me of that.  He pinned that first step-up, got a few cranks in, then up and away.  Even the locals were amazed as he was the first person to triple it.

Next day we went to another rad track that had some trails and Tuffy was backflipping the last set and going so high he was clipping the trees.

Moschops

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Fook me!

And that.s off of a prity flat looking start hill, give him a decent run up and he would have probable cleared the step down as well :shocked:

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Tuffy's got some pump.  I was pedalling my ass off up to stuff and still rimming it, but he would put one crank in, coast up to it and make the landing smooth as fook.

Damn kids!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 08:20 PM »
I love watching Tuffs ride but I guess that when you start riding at 4 (or whatever it was) you become a natural

fookin rad vid

:) DINGO :)

slurp

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I was so amazed by that i told the girlfriend to pause LOST so i could show her.

She was as amazed as me.

Totally Rad.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 06:22 AM »
Yes mate, Millsy was also on the trip.  Quite a few other Norfolk/Suffolk riders too.  Hell of a week.  We must've hit up about 20 tracks.  Every one of them better than anything I've ridden over here.  Even the French play tracks are better than our regional tracks  :(

Mike, were a lot of them at schools? last time I went there we went to loads of tracks in the grounds of schools

p.s good interview in Dirt magazine buddy  :daumenhoch:

softbike

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 07:04 AM »
great jump  :coolsmiley:

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 08:23 AM »

Mike, were a lot of them at schools? last time I went there we went to loads of tracks in the grounds of schools

p.s good interview in Dirt magazine buddy  :daumenhoch:

Not actually in the school grounds, but we saw quite a lot of school kids there being coached when they should have been in school, so I assume that BMX is something that French kids can do as part of their weekly games/PE lessons.

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 08:38 AM »
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 09:23 AM »
The thing I loved most about the French tracks was that they build their jumps steep and lippy (unlike UK tracks which seem to all have rounded jumps you have to pedal all the way up to then huck over). 

With the French jumps, the faster you hit them, the higher and longer you go.  Obviously, I didn't hit any of the really big jumps that Tuffs and co did, but I jumped more stuff out there than I normally do over here, just cos the jumps are built better and feel nicer to launch off.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  France Rules .........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx