gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Jonah Lidberg....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jonah Lidberg....  (Read 663 times)

Lazarou

Jonah Lidberg....
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:02 AM »
...this lad is awesome! Wide ranging mix of influences apparent in this guy's style! I see Friemuth and Mark Eaton, Moliterno and a bit of Gonz!....

/>
/>

...cheers alex!  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Jonah Lidberg....
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 12:20 AM »
Loving that    :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:50 AM »
superb vids. preferred the first one though. i did like the bush trimming in the 2nd one though. made me chuckle.  ;D

i have to admit, i think i've mentioned this before, but i much prefer watching these mid school vids (i'm assuming this is mid school  ::) )

despite the amazingness of todays riders and tricks, there is something special about mid school. the flow is great. it's like a lot of flatland taken to the mini ramp.

i know how hard the tricks are today, but i am so god damn bored of watching whips now. don't get me wrong, i'd love to be able to whip and if i could, i'd probably be doing them all the time.

i stopped riding in about 91, so missed the whole mid school era. i've seen lots of new school footage, but the mid school stuff just blows me away. if you watch some of the stuff that people like rob ridge and mike o'connell do, it is truly great to watch.

it just seems to me these days, everyone wants to fit in as many things into one trick as they can. it reminds me of hoffman in the late 80's / early 90's. it might be just me, but although i could appreciated how good he was, i didn't really enjoy watching all aspects of mat's riding back then. especially when he would cram 3 or 4 variations into one air. two was acceptable, but anything more, to me looked messy. i would much rather watch a really high stalled no hander than a switch hander to no footer to x-up for example. just my opinion....

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 01:58 AM »
Fooking quality, that first bit on the first vid where he's replacing the handrail sold me he's and adult and it just got better.

Excellent  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:37 PM »

i have to admit, i think i've mentioned this before, but i much prefer watching these mid school vids (i'm assuming this is mid school  ::) )

Trev, you are right, but not quite. The Hedge trimming vid is a couple of years old, not long ago. The other clip is a section from the brand new Standard video! How cool is that? People CAN still ride like that today!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Jonah Lidberg....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx