gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  suns out !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: suns out !  (Read 893 times)

perry

suns out !
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:11 AM »
its going to be a good day  8)

i finished work saturday night and although im trying to get used to being awake during the day and sleeping at night ive been up since 1am  :D

ive got united / a bikes / etnies forward / etnies grounded all lined up

im going to dust of the T1 then im heading off to the park to have a bash on the mini ramp , practice manuals and maybe build up the guts and throw a barspin  :buck2:

anyone else riding today or this evening ?

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: suns out !
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I wish.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

JT71

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:38 AM »
well I'm off work today but gotta finish bashing the plaster of my lounge walls, except the chimney breast. strip the wallpaper from the chimney breast, get a network cable under the floor, mount some  new socket boxes then take all the old plaster to the tip

then get the gyro sorted on the Mirraco ready to post off to the lucky buyer

then sort out a load of stuff to post tomorrow...mainly ody pedal to folk on here

then get the brakes dialled on my fly

then maybe just maybe there will be time to ride it. but not holding out much hope.  :LolLolLolLol:

perry

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:37 AM »
damn and blast !

padlock on the gate  ???

i asked in cyclesport but they were non the wiser  :-\

this is where im trying to ride

Not a valid vimeo URL
its one thing having a park but its another letting people ride it  ::)

it would help if i knew where any of this is as im sure its localish ( that wallride near the start is at the bottom of the road  :shocked: )

Not a valid vimeo URL

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:49 AM »

this is where im trying to ride

Not a valid vimeo URL

That is a cool little clip. Really good riding.
AND he has a REVENGE shirt on  :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 12:03 PM »
looks a cool place to ride

perry

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 12:04 PM »
he doesnt seem to be the friendliest of people , more of a local ruler i think ( everywhere has at least one who manages to sleep on their bike  :laugh: )

but i havnt tried speaking to him so who knows

i was there a while ago doing opposite and switch 180s ( badly ) on the flat by the mini and then he shouts OPPOSITE and does a big opposite air  ::) which to me is one upmanship so im not going to be aproaching them anytime soon lol

i think ill try again about 2ish and if it isnt open then ill give flatland even more consideration than i was at 2am

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:20 PM »

i was there a while ago doing opposite and switch 180s ( badly ) on the flat by the mini and then he shouts OPPOSITE and does a big opposite air  

I thought the only people who shouted out that they were about to do something the wrong way were inliners ... and that is just cos there is no other way of knowing unless they tell you (or you know what way they normaly go).

No need for that at all  :-X

perry

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40 PM »
exaccccctly  ::)

before i moved here i was in good company http://www.inertiabikes.com/blog.htm ant there is an amazing rider but totally down to earth , the kind that would rather you rode than didnt  8) . he never saw a point in " sponsorship " just wanted to ride  :)

and he would pick up a shovel when the need arose too  :)

if your going to lock a park you might as well make it indoors and get people to pay to ride  :-\

i might get a set of pegs again and get back into grinds , thatl upset the council , a sudden surge in chipped walls and ledges , not to mention the broken benchs  :2funny:

" sorry officer id ride the park but its bloody locked  " :idiot2:

Sean 2000

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Nice little park that!

He does look like he has bit of an attitude though. You know when you can tell just from looking, well i'm gettin that from him!

But must not judge a book by its cover and all that, a lot of kids give off that impression but when you speak to em thay are sweet.

Sean.  :daumenhoch:

perry

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 01:23 PM »
yep  :)

he looks as old as me too so he must remember the 90s , even just a little bit , certainly has more talent than a rider thats only been doing it a couple of years

perry

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 03:52 PM »
just got in

an hour and a half of practicing 180s ( both ways , with either foot forward ) as well as 180 stalls ( brakeless )

he was there , i asked what time the park opens and he seems a nice enough fella

still didnt have the guts to get on the mini but in an hour and a half i had a break to catch my breath a maximum of 3 times , whereas i think him and his mates did the opposite time in riding lol

im knackered and ive already got a big bruise on the back of my leg from the edge of my seat  :bondage:

im seriously considering flatland now as in the time i was there i didnt go near the ramps or even the small rail lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  suns out !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx