gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 07:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who did the first....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who did the first....  (Read 1194 times)

Steve Shindig

Who did the first....
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:31 PM »
So....   You know those times when someone does something new (or you may think is new)  for the first time, then that image sticks in your mind for ever.  Well, I'm stumped when it comes to the footjam nosepick.  Who, when, where? 

I know it's not the first flair or triple whip, but still..... 

Lazarou

Re: Who did the first....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:54 PM »
That's a tough one! Something in my head is saying Gonz but i'm sure it was much earlier.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:01 PM »
I don't think you'll ever know...

I think, the footjam endo must be one of the very very first freestyle tricks ever.  I'm sure the footjam nosepick has been around as long as nosepicks have, just coz some people will never run a front brake no matter what.

I think ther answer is:  various.    ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:38 AM »
One of the first ones I saw was Taj in an early standard vid. It was class cos the standard boys were all 2 brake miniramp rulers. Taj came in from a dirt jumping area and still kicked it on the mini, even without a front brake. The foot jam was like saying "hey, I dont even NEED one!".

I still think they look better with a brake. Leave the feet on the pedals, hands on the grips.

buissonrouge

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Taj Mihelich, Ride US april 2005 : I really don't know if I was the first to do a footjam. I had never seen anyone do them back in '90-'91 when I did them, but people had been doing tailwhip-nosepicks on flat ground with their foot jammed in the tire for years and years before. At the time, I was pretty much the only person at the freestyle comps without a front brake, so who knows...

perry

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:26 PM »
oooh that taj is a liar

i was picking my nose in 88  ;)

teamsano

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:00 PM »
i read about jon taylor doing them at an early KOC, perhaps 89-90. thats the first i heard of them.

DJ

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Mike O'Connell, Standard rider & Front brake tweaker was riding at a mini ramp in Southwater recently when he busted out one of his tweaked trademark nosepicks, with a front brake....

After Mike popped out onto the deck some kid rolls up to him & says "here mate, whats that trick you just did called?" Mike says "What one?" Kid says "the one thats like a footjam nosepick but you dont use your foot"..... needless to say Mike was far from impressed!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 07:27 PM »
hugo gonz was one that started alot from what i remember like wall rides and nose picks
but alot of riders came on fast so who nows  !!!!!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Mike O'Connell, Standard rider & Front brake tweaker was riding at a mini ramp in Southwater recently when he busted out one of his tweaked trademark nosepicks, with a front brake....

After Mike popped out onto the deck some kid rolls up to him & says "here mate, whats that trick you just did called?" Mike says "What one?" Kid says "the one thats like a footjam nosepick but you dont use your foot"..... needless to say Mike was far from impressed!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

That.............. is fcuked up.......  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who did the first....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx