gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Does no one ride oldskool for Freestyle?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Does no one ride oldskool for Freestyle?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Re: Does no one ride oldskool for Freestyle?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Thanx for the replies guys and yeah I agree with peeps case for new school being the way to go to ride current parks, I've no probs at all (even though new bikes are a bit bland...but that's another arguement for another day ;)

I'm just disappointed that the oldskool freestyle scene doesn't appear to exist anymore or is that just my perception? When I joined Rad, I was expecting to see loads of oldskool bikes being ridden with all the old moves going down.

My original e-mail came about based upon a shout made on Kerrang about Rad 'keepin it oldskool' yet on Saturday it didn't look or remotely feel oldskool, just seemed like any other skatepark on a normal day.

Anyway not havin a dig at anyone or havin a go at what peeps ride, love you all......but not in a gay way.

Paul  ;)
Vans Style

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 02:15 PM »

on Saturday it didn't look or remotely feel oldskool, just seemed like any other skatepark on a normal day.

That is totally what I thought. It seemed quite busy, loads of under 20 yearolds, and whips everywhere you looked. Ive got no problems with that at all, but I can see why some (not you Paul  :daumenhoch:) didnt really feel like riding much.

Maybe it was that (some of) the riders there on Sat night were OS at HART, whatever wheels they were rollin!  :smitten:

Trev

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 02:24 PM »
maybe we could organise something just for old school bikes.
not necessarily at a park. not too sure what yet. maybe just a meet at an empty car park or something.
paul could bring his big chunky stereo again and we could all goof around doing front hops and back hops. a bit of balancing and maybe even the odd cherry picker.  ::)

we could make it strictly old school bikes only. no ramps for them to break on. just a chill out session.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Trev, if you want to set that up, I could knock up a kickturn ramp......  should be good for a laugh   :)

Broggie

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 06:31 PM »
maybe we could organise something just for old school bikes.
not necessarily at a park. not too sure what yet. maybe just a meet at an empty car park or something.
paul could bring his big chunky stereo again and we could all goof around doing front hops and back hops. a bit of balancing and maybe even the odd cherry picker.  ::)

we could make it strictly old school bikes only. no ramps for them to break on. just a chill out session.

I like the idea of this...

Ray.

JT71

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 06:41 PM »
I'm suspicous of Trev's motives for wanting to meet up in a carpark.

it's only slightly less dodge than a laybay on Cannock chase.

Shings

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 07:03 PM »
None the less....

I'm in all TRM'd up and shit man

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Does no one ride oldskool for Freestyle?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx