gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  2 MINDS?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2 MINDS?????  (Read 1434 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: 2 MINDS?????
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 07:59 PM »
who is he then?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 08:45 PM »
He's a very good friend of Superbikedans (maybe his best mate), he rode freestyle and raced in the early 80s.  Been back riding about 4-5 years now.

Completely fearless in everything he does. Completely committed. Not afraid to call someone out on something like a username like madd dog who then goes on to talk about quitting after a slam.

Like he said, no offence - it's just his way.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 08:55 PM »
MY USER NAME ,,,MADD DOGG

CAME ABOUT AFTER I STARTED BACK ON ME BMXES

A YOUNG LAD SAW ME RIDING UP HARTLEPOOL TRACK ,I WAS JUMPING EVERYTHING WITH NO FEAR AND COMMITED TO EVERY JUMP

HE CALLED ME AS MAD AS A DOG

SINCE THEN THE NAME MADD DOGG HAS STUCK ,,,,SINCE THEN THOUGH I HAVE COME OFF NUMEROUS TIMES AND BEEN IN HOSPITAL A FEW TIMES

THE REASON I WAS ON ABOUT JACKIN IT IN ,,,HE IS 8 YRS OLD AND DID NOT WANT TO SEE HIS DAD IN HOSPITAL AGAIN AS WAS MY WIFE

WHEN YOUR KIDS START SAYIN STUFF LIKE THAT WHEN YOUR 40 MAKES YOU THINK

DONT IT ,,,,,WELL IT DID WITH ME

RUSS :P

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 09:01 PM »
That's fair comment.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:46 PM »
MY USER NAME ,,,MADD DOGG

CAME ABOUT AFTER I STARTED BACK ON ME BMXES

A YOUNG LAD SAW ME RIDING UP HARTLEPOOL TRACK ,I WAS JUMPING EVERYTHING WITH NO FEAR AND COMMITED TO EVERY JUMP

HE CALLED ME AS MAD AS A DOG

SINCE THEN THE NAME MADD DOGG HAS STUCK ,,,,SINCE THEN THOUGH I HAVE COME OFF NUMEROUS TIMES AND BEEN IN HOSPITAL A FEW TIMES

THE REASON I WAS ON ABOUT JACKIN IT IN ,,,HE IS 8 YRS OLD AND DID NOT WANT TO SEE HIS DAD IN HOSPITAL AGAIN AS WAS MY WIFE

WHEN YOUR KIDS START SAYIN STUFF LIKE THAT WHEN YOUR 40 MAKES YOU THINK

DONT IT ,,,,,WELL IT DID WITH ME

RUSS :P

Russ, your boy obviouly needs a clip round the ear and sent to bed with no tea. His Dad is superman and he needs to start realising that sooner rather than later. :LolLolLolLol:  Even the best riders have their off days, perhaps we'll put this thread down as one of yours shall we mate.  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 11:03 PM »
He's a very good friend of Superbikedans (maybe his best mate), he rode freestyle and raced in the early 80s.  Been back riding about 4-5 years now.

Completely fearless in everything he does. Completely committed. Not afraid to call someone out on something like a username like madd dog who then goes on to talk about quitting after a slam.

Like he said, no offence - it's just his way.

madd dogg, don't take it to heart mate it's just pats way, he doesn't understand why anyone would want

to give up riding, his way is  if you can roll around your riding.  see, it's not what you can do but the fact your doing it,

he does my head in all the time to get me back riding but for me it's not going to happen :(

trust me you wont find a guy and an old skooler who loves this sport as much as pat, a true gent, great mate and a

true master in the art of praising you and making you do better :)  i will honestly say this, i think a lot of my billys progression

is down to pat, he just has this way of making you feel the best then he get you to do more :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

billy-bmx

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 11:21 PM »
when i saw my dad in hospital with a frame round hes whole leg with metal rods going from hes leg to the frame thing
i said how long till u getting back on your bike.
crashing is like the biggest part of riding and hurting ya self
it makes ya wanna get back and land the trick and then get it dialled
dont stop riding
as soon as your better
the first thing you have to do is go back to that jump and do it

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 11:32 PM »
well guys must admit i wont stop ridin as it a big part of me life

iitjust crosses ya mind at the time ,,but once the cobbwebs have gone you know ya gonna keep goin its in the blood

me shoulder is stiff and achin like hell but me mate who was with me when i binned it is draggin me up the track tommoz ,,,,god elp me

aint tellin wifey though

easy guys

russ

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 04:36 AM »
I'll give props to Pat too, a top bloke that's just ribbing so try not to take offence. If you knew him you'd understand   ;)

Keep yer chin up Russ, it'll all look different in a few months  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 10:21 AM »
i've been in this predicament a few times over the years.
when i fractured my spine (hit off my mtb by a van not stopping at dual carriageway junction 10 years ago) i thought that was it for me. but bmx is such a big part of my life i fully recovered and got back to where i was before the accident.
my knee slam (360 whip gone wrong 7 years ago now) really messed up things physically & mentally but eventually got back but decided to leave ramps alone now as my knee didn't fully regain all its movement (cannot kneeslide) so stuck with flat as i've always ridden a bit of everything to stop riding getting boring.
 i found i've taken a bit more of a backseat now i enjoy shooting photo's and filming,editing videos but it still keeps my foot in the door , i still enjoy a ride that much more now that i'm not doing it everyday. we all say we may quit at times but even just going for a roll around the local sk8park ,shooting pics etc still leaves the door open to have some fun and escape the pressure of real life for a few hours.
as long as you've got a bike left the door is always open to have a blast from time to time and have some fun. and thats what its all about.

zed4130

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Its hard russ, my doc diagnosed me with having arthritis in my ankle and now my lower back im in agony all day, and take so many strong painkillers and now ive got morphine that im only aloud so much a week  ;) yeah like the whole lot  :LolLolLolLol: but ive pondered this one many times, but i always keep trying, all my problems were caused by bad injuries in bmx, but i would never change it, keep going its the best way, oh and ill be there at mk racing at the back in pain  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  2 MINDS?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx