gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Grips Cleaning?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Grips Cleaning?  (Read 629 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Grips Cleaning?
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Got a couple pairs of A'me grips,Some Oakleys as well left over from my race days that were just in a box and have collected dust and grime over the years.Theyve never been fitted,but i assumed they'd had it as the rubber was so old and grubby.

Is there any set way to clean these without destroying them,ie any spay on or soak product on the market which miraculously lifts the grime without wrecking the grips,or is it a simple case of gentle soap and water job?

AxlFoley

Re: Grips Cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:59 PM »
i do a lot of work on old cars, an i have heard that to clean up car rubber parts, such as window rubber, that the washing machine works well, so that may be an idea, wortha  try with an old grip first.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:07 PM »
I always use a combination of hot water, soapy water and cif cream. They come up like new  :4_17_5:

Longun

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I tried sticking a set of Ame Tris in the wash with me T-Shirts and they cleaned up fine.

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:40 PM »
^^ @ 40 degrees?  ;D

Cheers Guys.Will have a crack at 'em later.

AxlFoley

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:49 PM »
@ 30 degrees, think of the environment ;)

steve Beech TA

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 08:36 PM »
i used a nail brush on mine with fairy, 5 min and the job was done, as good as new and they were white  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Grips Cleaning?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx