gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Dirt Bros footage - from the early 90s
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dirt Bros footage - from the early 90s  (Read 1389 times)

SaMAlex

Dirt Bros footage - from the early 90s
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:29 PM »
This first clip is Eddie Roman from one of his parts in a Video he made. Its one of the early 3 vids; Aggro Man, Ride like a man, or Ride on, but I forget which, I watched them all so many times. (Ride like a man I think).

The riding looks strangely current, what with loads of freecoaster backwards stuff, and the footage of him singing in his room with the drummer sat in the wardrobe is classic. I love Eddie Roman!

Eddie Roman - Riding & Singing
/>

This is a clip Id never seen before. Dirt Brothers in that house! They rule!

Havok Sprocket Pocket Ad
/>

JT71

Re: Dirt Bros footage - from the early 90s
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:34 PM »
awesome. in the second one he rides THAT bike...Harris' one, the one I covet.  :LolLolLolLol:

and Suicidal F***ing Tendencies.

yoda

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Aww... will have to wait till I get home to watch these Alex... Eddie Roman was a really top bloke. I met and rode with him on a few occaisions, most memorably was when I was in San diego and we bumped into each other purely by chance and hit up a load of good street spots near Mission beach and Ocean beach.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 02:42 PM »
That sproket pocket ad is great  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 02:48 PM »
awesome. in the second one he rides THAT bike...Harris' one,

Those are the guys who "made" them. Eddie Roman used his old Skyway contacts to get a load of TA frames, and they rebadged them as Dirt Bros frames. I think in the first clip Eddie is riding a S&M, an early dirtbike as I recall.

I love the part in the Havok add when he is hitting the sprocket pocket with the hammer so much that the pedal falls off!

JT71

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I soooooooo want one. lol. oh well, it'll wait.

perry

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 05:45 PM »
 8)

( removes etnies forward from cd tray and inserts aggroman/headfirst/ride on )

whatever happened to the humor in bmx

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 05:48 PM »
i like them vids thanks alex i have them now stashed   :)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Cool man!!! thanks for posting :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 08:29 PM »
This first clip is Eddie Roman from one of his parts in a Video he made. (Ride like a man I think).

I just checked, it is from Ride Like a Man. Ive not watched that Video for ages. Its kinda hard work, esp as there is loads of almost raw contest footage, but its still great. The Vic Murphy section and the full Eddie Roman section are my fav parts.

Oh, and eddie is riding a red dirtbike.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 07:06 PM »
cool clips, i want one of those sproket pockets! be lucky to find one i bet they all got mashed up

riding street on a TA rules :) i wonder how many frames he got through

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 07:19 PM »
cool clips, i want one of those sproket pockets! be lucky to find one i bet they all got mashed up

Yep, cant be many of those left now   ;)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 11:21 PM »
sweet, looks well used  :daumenhoch:

crooked / pedal grinds are the cool thing now, similar to vics sproket grinds  8)

Radical Mick

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Loved the Dirt Bros Vids, I used to have one of the T/A dirt bros frames with the Havoc Sprocket Pocket
and the Havoc Pegs (how long were they?), and of course a Tuff up front and a 48 at the rear.

Wished I hadnt sold it, are there many of them still about?.

Didnt the Dirt Bros do a couple of vids, Hicks in Action? has anyone got them and want to sell?

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 02:06 PM »

are there many of them still about?.

Didnt the Dirt Bros do a couple of vids, Hicks in Action? has anyone got them and want to sell?

Not many Dirt Bros TAs. I think people took the stickers off and made them into 80s TA builds  >:(

There were 2 DBI Vids. 'Hicks in Acton' and 'Cheese'. They are both great!  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15 PM »
I got a coupla questions:

did anyone make some of those pocket sprockets...if so can i get one....please.

is the Dirt Bros TA considered "mid school" even though it's an old school frame?

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 02:31 PM »
I got a coupla questions:

did anyone make some of those pocket sprockets...if so can i get one....please.

is the Dirt Bros TA considered "mid school" even though it's an old school frame?

Dan Harris looked into getting some made but I dont know what happened. I have him all the sizes of my one.

Sure, a dirt bros TA is "Mid", as long as its still has the Dirt Bros stickers. But take them off, get it chromed and put on some TA stickers and then I guess you have an out and out "old School" frame.

Another Question is, what if you get a non Dirt Bros TA, and put Dirt Bros stickers on it? Is that a replica or a real one? What if you did that to one of the 25y TAs? Is that a repro Dirt Bros frame?  :-\

JT71

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Another Question is, what if you get a non Dirt Bros TA, and put Dirt Bros stickers on it? Is that a replica or a real one?

well since that's what they did why would it not be a "real" one.

the only difference being you stuck the stickers on, not them.

so should a dirt bros build have earlyish midschool components?

SaMAlex

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 02:53 PM »
Another Question is, what if you get a non Dirt Bros TA, and put Dirt Bros stickers on it? Is that a replica or a real one?

I would say that the ONLY thing that makes a Dirt Bros frame a Dirt Bros frame is BECAUSE they put the stickers on it. But Im not sure everyone would agree. And anyway, how could you be sure someone else didnt do it?

They came with redline forks (not sure what they were called, the tapered ones). You gotta have a front tuff and a 48s rear. 401 Flights or a opc, and bully / redline line bars. But there were quite a few different parts they tended to use.

JT71

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 02:58 PM »

I would say that the ONLY thing that makes a Dirt Bros frame a Dirt Bros frame is BECAUSE they put the stickers on it. But Im not sure everyone would agree. And anyway, how could you be sure someone else didnt do it?

They came with redline forks (not sure what they were called, the tapered ones). You gotta have a front tuff and a 48s rear. 401 Flights or a opc, and bully / redline line bars. But there were quite a few different parts they tended to use.

well I hoping to do a deal on a frame so then I'll be building. I love Harris' one, but need to do something of my own creation rather than just copy his.  :daumenhoch:

one thing is for sure: it'll have a Tuff front and a 48s rear.  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 03:00 PM »

well I hoping to do a deal on a frame so then I'll be building. I love Harris' one, but need to do something of my own creation rather than just copy his.  :daumenhoch:

one thing is for sure: it'll have a Tuff front and a 48s rear.  :daumenhoch:

Nice one

Get yourself a copy of one of the DBI vids, or Ride like a man (although most of them were riding Bullys in that Vid), or even check out Headfirst. They should give you loads to go on.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Dirt Bros footage - from the early 90s

gfxgfx
gfx gfx