gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Shimano DXR Crank BB help..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shimano DXR Crank BB help..  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Shimano DXR Crank BB help..
« on: February 18, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Going to fit these in my Redline Flight XXL 20" soon. Instructions all good,easy to understand but i'm a little confused about the little black plastic spacer which should or should not be fitted to the chainwheel side of the bracket..

Maybe it's just typical Jap-UK translation losing some detail but i'm not sure if it means the following...  :uglystupid2:

A:- If the BB Shell is 68mm - FIT THE SPACER.

B:- If the BB Shell is NOT 68mm - FIT THE SPACER.

It just says,check whether the width is 68mm,but doesnt say why.

Simple thing would be for someone who has these fitted on their Redline to let me know how they did it,but any advice welcomed.

It's not quite clear enough for a simpleton like moi.  :D

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 06:10 PM by Brandy Truffle »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Shimano DXR Crank BB help..
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:58 PM »
got a set on my 2007 quad, most of been straight forward because i put them on, and i also are a simpleton.
dont they just look fantastic, what a bit of engineering, have you got the new shimano dx platform pedals to go on as well :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I have these on my PK Ripper Team when fitting i measured the width of the BB and it was bang on 68mm so i left the spacer off and it
went on fine and have had not trouble

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Getting the spacer fitment right is essential as if not then the chainwheel and rear sprocket is slightly out of alignment and as has been reported on other forums the chain can skip,jump,come off whatever you want to call it,or at the very least bad wear will occur.

I'm just looking for clarification,Alans is not much help,they just say "we recommend WE fit it"  :idiot2:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Thanks Jai - you replied as i was typing above. Will have a look tomor.  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I had some on my supercross evo-iS and Alan told me to use the spacer even although the shell was the correct size. never had any probs and the chainline was bang on

marc  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Shimano DXR Crank BB help..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx