gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1 piece cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1 piece cranks  (Read 975 times)

fritz78

1 piece cranks
« on: February 18, 2008, 02:15 PM »
do you need a special tool to fit 1 piece cranks and bottom brackets? is there any guides on here?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: 1 piece cranks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 02:24 PM »
fit the BB Cups into the frame, then screw the drive side BB on to the crank arm so it's tight and flush up against the chain wheel/spider, then put the loose baring cage on the crank arm so that when you thread the arm through the barings are on the drive side....then thread the arm through, put the non drive side on and screw tight.......not too tight though as it'll be hard to pedal, then tighten up the locking nut which should hold it all tight.

hope that makes sense??  :-\

oh and don't forget lots of greese!  :daumenhoch:

posse

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 03:14 PM »
fit the BB Cups into the frame, then screw the drive side BB on to the crank arm so it's tight and flush up against the chain wheel/spider, then put the loose baring cage on the crank arm so that when you thread the arm through the barings are on the drive side....then thread the arm through, put the non drive side on and screw tight.......not too tight though as it'll be hard to pedal, then tighten up the locking nut which should hold it all tight.

hope that makes sense??  :-\

oh and don't forget lots of greese!  :daumenhoch:

ditto :LolLolLolLol:

fritz78

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 05:35 PM »

jackel

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 06:44 PM »
make sure bearings face cups as i found out a few times in the old days :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1 piece cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx