gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hayes Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hayes Today  (Read 3089 times)

dialledbikes

Re: Hayes Today
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Clive, did you jump the first straight?  You and Duly would've been styling that 15 years ago.

gossa

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Clive, did you jump the first straight?  You and Duly would've been styling that 15 years ago.

Nope but with a bit of practice......

Flying_fox

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 09:09 PM »
TJ was so fast I couldn't believe it! I couldn't beat him in the 80's and I don't see why I should start now. Thank god he's on a cruiser not a 20". ;)

What an awesome club race that was. The summer south regionals are going to be off the hook this year.

High jump at every round I say, just so I can watch Alex Dick taking making BMX look so easy.

stephen

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Clive,I saw you take a tumble,I dont think any one saw it,just saw you laying on the floor,what was all that about!! ;D.say thanks to your mum for scotts number after getting lost in hillingdon!

martin1970

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 09:45 PM »
So gutted, i'm injured, would have loved to race, but it was great to chat to all the old faces. Top days racing (as always at Hayes).
Martin

Longun

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 10:38 PM »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 08:10 AM »
fook me! that's some hight!!!   :4_17_5:

oldmankev

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Cheers for the vote of confidence Keith, i dont think i had an
off day just blew the semi and was dissapointed not to make
the top 8 against the youngsters, its great to have an open
age class, makes everyone step their game up.

gossa

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Clive,I saw you take a tumble,I dont think any one saw it,just saw you laying on the floor,what was all that about!! ;D.say thanks to your mum for scotts number after getting lost in hillingdon!

Yeah, i came off the side of the track down the last straight and hit a rock or something and just slid into the grass! Well funny! Seems like everyone phoned me mum for directions including me!

dialledbikes

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16 AM »

Nope but with a bit of practice......

I don't doubt it and look forward to seeing you do it.  When I used to just go to races to watch in the 90's, it was always the riders like you, Duly, Chico, Grotbags, Shaun Andrews, Curtis Last and Nick Cox who I liked the most as you guys used to mix it up in the motos, then do the KOD in the interval.

Remember watching you and Duly after a national (might have even been a Euro round) at Brighton, going big off the dirt jump they had there (to the left of the start hill) and trying to 360 it.  Duly limped off with a twisted/broken ankle after so many big 360 attempts.  You've gotta talk Keith back into racing again.  Such a rad/smooth rider.

gossa

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Mike, Keith is still in real good shape as he's into sports for his job, he's still got a cruiser too so i'm hoping he'll come along, plus all the old gang too.

Mike, you going to France this weekend? If so i'll see you there, i'll be on the baby blue ripper with graphites.....

dialledbikes

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Clive, I'm going to France on Monday, but not for the Euro race (which is where I suspect you're off to).  I'm heading down South to ride tracks and trails and hopefully find my long lost bollox to jump stuff.

Hopefully that is, as my youngest just broke out with chicken pox, and I've got a container of MTB frames due in any day which needs to be unloaded and shipped out.  Just hope the timing works out and I can still go.

gossa

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 07:47 PM »
well we'll just have to meet at another third berm some day.......

dialledbikes

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 08:21 PM »
I should be at all the nationals this year except Hartlepool and Coppull, and at all the South Regionals except 1 or 2 when I'm in the US, so we'll catch up then.  You'll have to take my Ti cruiser for a spin.  It's the kind of bike the 80s/90s Gossa would've ridden had it been around  ;)

gossa

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 08:24 PM »
looking forward to it!

dialledbikes

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Are you racing at Douai?

gossa

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Are you racing at Douai?

God no! Last sunday was my first gatestart for about 14 years!!!  Just going with my mum and the kids to have some fun and cheer on the brits.

kdubbmx

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Hi Mike, i'll be interested in taking one of those for a test ride!!

I'm gonna race all the nationals i can this year & my old floval flyer has def seen better days, been meaning to change it since Eric Rupe said to me at the worlds in Bercy 05 that my bike was good 'for riding to the store on', he couldnt believe i'd turned up chasing a 'W' plate on that old shed!!   ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Unfortunatly Keith, Mikes` Ti cruiser is a one off  :(

But it rides really nice  :daumenhoch:

that my bike was good 'for riding to the store on'  ;)

Thats what Tony Slater recons about my cruiser Keith, he keeps asking when I`m going to put the basket on  :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 10:49 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

gossa

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Found that pic of Tony Baldwin when he was a nipper (we all were eh?)  Hounslow, me (1), tony (12) and winnie (3).  Glory days.....Tny was very smooth but a bit crazy then too, pedalled everything! He's gonna cook that cruiser class this year.....looks like he's hardly been away from it....

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Unfortunatly Keith, Mikes` Ti cruiser is a one off  :(

But it rides really nice  :daumenhoch:

Should hopefully have the Reynolds 853 versions out later this year though.  Just waiting for someone to pay me £4k they owe, then I can make the down payment on all the new BMX frames (20" and cruiser).

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Mike, tell them they are holding up my cruiser frame, and I dont like to be kept waiting :2gunsfiring_v1: :tickedoff: :knuppel2: :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hayes Today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx