gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Cologne masters booked!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cologne masters booked!  (Read 7676 times)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
Re: Cologne masters booked!
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 09:55 PM »
heres an oldskool concrete park me and trill went to last year  :daumenhoch:, we jumped the fence as it was closed! some cool hips and stuff in there

http://www.northbrigade.de/obstacles/

now the uni in dussledorf has had its trannies bricked up, we need somewhere to ride on the thursday, any ideas anyone?

spinmaster

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13 PM »
theres probably plenty of trannies in hamburg, da dum tish.

just seen the riders list for this year, fook its going to be a good one.

DJ

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2008, 02:25 PM »
All going well Bestwick will be in Cologne boys........ as long as a few "issues" are resolved this has the makings of the best European vert contest in years

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2008, 02:54 PM »
All going well Bestwick will be in Cologne boys........ as long as a few "issues" are resolved this has the makings of the best European vert contest in years

get the fook in................he deffo gonna get teabagged

PaulM

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Thats what im talking about DJ! I'd love to see him ride in the flesh, the vert rider list is looking really good, more riders added each time I look at the Masters site, cant wait!

What are the "issues".....?

Cheers

Paul

DJ

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2008, 09:33 PM »
well, jamie, jimmy walker & someone else are doing shows at o2 arena so they wont make the finals. The organisers want to give them clear passage to the finals. they have sent an email to a lot of the pre entered riders asking for their consent but like remo said "i want to see jamie ride as much as everyone else BUT I have paid for my own flight, hotel & entry fee & this could effectivly put me out the final which to a degree is unfair. If lewis hamilton missed a grand prix qualifier to make a few grand at a public apperence would they let him start in pole?"
Remo has a VERY valid point even tho some will disagree.... its a great contest & everyone wants to make it better but it has to be fair. I believe the only way is a straight final, everyone happy that way IMO......

Guettler is coming too!!! Street, Dirt, Mini & Vert going to go nuts!!! check the rider list online..... best yet by far...... this time next week boys.....

christhejob

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2008, 07:19 PM »
dj, don't forget who is in charge of scoring.. of course remo will make the final  :D

DJ

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2008, 09:08 PM »
i did try to tell him this hahaha!!!! Anyway, what do we know? In a world of anoraks we can only curb endo!!!

PaulM

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Just remember Chris this time make sure you score K-Rob high in qualifying or else you'll be in troble.......again...... ;)

Def agree with one big straight final though for vert, good idea especially if Jamie and Jimmy, etc want to ride, and that way it'd still be fair (plus there's no way im gonna even qualify in that field of riders so at least I could say I was in the final  :'()

Gonna be wicked!

Cheers

Paul

Trev

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2008, 11:29 PM »
i always go by the belief that everyone should have to qualify like everyone else for a comp regardless of who they are.
the only way i would change my view on this (not like it's worth anything anyway) would be if there was a world ranking system (apologies if there already is one). That way, maybe the top 16 or so automatically qualify and the rest have to qualify for their place.

From a spectator point of view, you'd like all the top riders being there, but for those who are making the effort to compete from the start, they should be given a fair break. It would be like saying Man United and Chelsea should automatically start from the FA Cup semi final.

PaulM

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 08:00 PM »
I got an e-mail from Stephan, and i replied saying that I agree to one big straight final on the sunday, that way is is still totally fair to all participating riders as DJ already mentioned, Bestwick had better watch out though cause im gonna be on fire........... ;)

Cheers

Paul

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 09:00 PM »
I got an e-mail from Stephan, and i replied saying that I agree to one big straight final on the sunday, that way is is still totally fair to all participating riders as DJ already mentioned, Bestwick had better watch out though cause im gonna be on fire........... ;)

Cheers

Paul

good lad  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Can't fooking wait!!!

Paul - I have Vicky's chair in the car ready mate.

:daumenhoch:

DJ

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2008, 09:18 PM »
No straight final. Bestwick will be there but wont be able to compete. So far there are over 25 riders down for Pro Vert with the possibility of more on the day. No way in the world can you have a final with that many riders. I did originally think this was the best way but with that many riders it would'nt be right.
Jamie will blast the ramp at some point over the weekend anyway, it'll just be nice to have him there PLUS with not so many vert comps at least this one should run properly & not turn into a farce.
It's going to be a great weekend kids....

jedi

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2008, 09:29 PM »
is it this weekend?is there a site where we can track results?

PaulM

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 11:59 PM »
Shame, i think one big final would be ok if delegated the time? groups of 4 or 5 or something? But like you say it'd be good just to have him there, I'd love to see him ride.

Cheers

Paul

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Shame, i think one big final would be ok if delegated the time? groups of 4 or 5 or something? But like you say it'd be good just to have him there, I'd love to see him ride.

Cheers

Paul

ye ye ye...whatever.... just make sure i get a room with a balcony cos i in with the snortaporus

DJ

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 10:35 PM »
i cant DJ @ the fookin party now either!!!! loada shite. Im doing it next year one way or another... even if i have to rent a fookin club or sumin!

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 11:02 PM »
all packed, bikes in billy stupps van and ready for the convoy over tomorrow morning, can't

fooking wait, what a trip this is going to be :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

dirtbro

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2008, 05:45 PM »
thats me packed and ready to go see you all at the beer stall

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2008, 05:47 PM »

cant fooking wait, is bestwick gonna show ?

jedi

« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2008, 09:37 PM »
bestwick is riding a demo ,so not going to cologne

Longun

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2008, 12:26 PM »
is it this weekend?is there a site where we can track results?

Try here http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=5047 for info

Trev

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2008, 11:59 PM »
Good luck to PaulM this weekend.

Also good luck to Billy-BMX and any other radsters competing.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2008, 02:22 PM »
what Trev said!!  ^^^^^

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Cologne masters booked!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx