gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Suntour pedal cages
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Suntour pedal cages  (Read 648 times)

etriedes

Suntour pedal cages
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Had some beat up Suntour xcII cages, so i thought i'd see if i could resurect them ...

Had them re-anoed black then came the hard part of the lettering on the end of the cages
Found some white car touch up paint in the garage which has a very fine brush and luckily the pedals have the text etched into the pedal bodies, so just glided the brush over the text and wiped my thumb across the top to take away the excess and leaves the white text on the pedals ..
( pictures a bit shite, couldn't get it to focus on the text, but it is readable )

Cheers
Si

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: Suntour pedal cages
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:35 PM »
They r the Dogs Dangly bits my friend :smitten:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Tempting, my cages are very worn but I might try this; where did you get them re-annodising?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

etriedes

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:19 PM »
Tempting, my cages are very worn but I might try this; where did you get them re-annodising?

Local company in walsall .. just check in your area and see if anyone does annodising, and pop in and have a word with them and see if there willing to do one off parts ... place i use is very helpfull and they do a quick turn around, and it was alot cheaper than buying some new cages ..

Cheers
Si

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Suntour pedal cages

gfxgfx
gfx gfx