gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Mat Hoffman - "Head First" trailer 1991
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mat Hoffman - "Head First" trailer 1991  (Read 786 times)

SaMAlex

Mat Hoffman - "Head First" trailer 1991
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:37 PM »
This video was massive when it came out. I watched it constantly for years. Its got the first 900s, first backflip fakeys, first backflip180, first handrail ... its very very good. The vert riding is still totally amazing but the full video has loads of other stuff on there too.

If you missed this one, check out the trailer, and then go find the full Video!

Oh, and see if you can count how many different bash guard Haro frames he is riding. He went through them pretty fast. Haro weren't really on the ball in the 90s.

billy-bmx

Re: Mat Hoffman - "Head First" trailer 1991
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:11 PM »
i love this video
dont think i will ever get bored of it

welsh denny

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:56 PM »
funnily enough i converted this ad the other week to upload but krt beat me by a day so i didn't need to do it. this was after monsters of surburban highlife if i remember. me & my mates waited in anticipation for head first to be released & it was well worth the wait. there is loads of good stuff on bmx vids these days but they don't stand up to how great head first was and is.

Trev

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:02 PM »
i think i'll watch that tonight...  :4_17_5:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Aaah mate.................

Late 1993 and I've got the bug again.  I've secured the barn and plans are afoot to start work on the vert ramp. My mate and I go into Superbike in Ilford (our only local bike shop back then) and there it is;  Headfirst.  Which meant fook all to me except for the name Mat Hoffman...

My mate and I are both on the dole, both skint.  Mortgages, bills etc, and the girlfriends have both buggered off leaving us with nowt. And I do mean nowt. 

The video is £30.

We look at each other and drag £15 each out of our pockets and the deal is done.  Race home to watch it, and watch it, and watch it.

I still watch it now to learn stuff from and I maintain that if anyone could copy the final run in Headfirst today, they'd place in every comp they ever rode in.

I love the man, I love the film   :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Mat Hoffman - "Head First" trailer 1991

gfxgfx
gfx gfx