gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  30+ Masters
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 30+ Masters  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
30+ Masters
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Well I've decided I'm not going to do cruisers this year but I am going to give 30+ Masters a crack instead.

Anyone fancy joining me.

Still going to race old school as well because I want the British Champions Number 1 plate this year. ;)

Masters will certainly help towards that.  :daumenhoch:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 30+ Masters
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Who is the reigning Old School British Champion.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Can you explain what it means by Masters mate.

Being 38 i was going to race, obviously not now i but didin't know what class i would be in, are there no Novice classes for a 30+, or is that it.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

QuadPaul

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Hi Zippy, I'm also going to be racing 30+ masterclass this year I get the bike sorted - hopefully within the next week or so!! :daumenhoch:

Andy, in novices classes 15+ is the oldest class, so if you go nu school for your 1st season back at racing you'll race in that class, then move to the 30+ Masterclass after that.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I'm going to start on my old school bike to begin with.  ;)

I reckon it's good enough.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:08 PM »

Andy, in novices classes 15+ is the oldest class, so if you go nu school for your 1st season back at racing you'll race in that class, then move to the 30+ Masterclass after that.

Sh1t, i''d be thrashed by those kids. :(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:34 PM »
i'd love to have a go this year,but havent got a clue where to start..i'm 40 in July, got a couple of Old School bikes and a new 2008 Redline Bubba Harris Flight Pro XXL i paid teeny money for in the U.S. and thought what the heck,so i could race either in.

First step is get the family licence from the BCF i suppose, anyone any other advice?

Jai told me about Bristol and we're going to hopefully join there and hopefully contribute something to the club.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Is it me or does Brandy's Sig look like Ratty and 796.  :LolLolLolLol:

wolfybmx

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Well I've decided I'm not going to do cruisers this year but I am going to give 30+ Masters a crack instead.

Anyone fancy joining me.

Still going to race old school as well because I want the British Champions Number 1 plate this year. ;)

Masters will certainly help towards that.  :daumenhoch:

hey zippy the wind is changing direction tomorrow just like your descision on what your gonna race this week or next ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:20 PM »
I expect it is.  :LolLolLolLol:

Decided cruisers are too big for me to ride quick enough to be competitively.

I'm only a bit taller than Spen so 20" for life I reckon.  :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I am going to give the masters a go this year as well as the old school

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 05:52 PM »
What are we talking here then guys? Regionals? Club?  ???

hooga1975

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I will be doing as many regionals as possible this year.  I am also going to try and take part in Dagenham and Braintree summer series to get my fitness up

oldskoolsux

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Im moving up to 30+ Masters this season.

Take no prisoners  :knuppel2:

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 06:14 PM »
hey guys, welcome to the Masters, not every one is a rough as me and Daddy Whyte! ;)

Zippy, if you ride a quick as you did in the OS at Dagnuts on Sunday you'll be fast enough no problem.

I'll be seeing you all on the gate at Hayes this Sunday then????

oldskoolsux

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 06:18 PM »

And i'll be putting you over second berm Kirby  ;D

Flying_fox

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 06:22 PM »

And i'll be putting you over second berm Kirby  ;D

The size of my beer gut now you'll need a lorry to do that skinny boy. :-*

spillers#1

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51 PM »
So we've got old skoolers giving 40+ cruisers a bash  :daumenhoch: and old skoolers giving 30+ masters a bash  :daumenhoch: cool  :) hooga's got a new ride for masters  :daumenhoch: and should be in the mix and the same for zippster  :daumenhoch: well this week anyway  ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 06:56 PM »
I'm already looking forward to this.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 06:59 PM »
So we've got old skoolers giving 40+ cruisers a bash  :daumenhoch: and old skoolers giving 30+ masters a bash  :daumenhoch: cool  :) hooga's got a new ride for masters  :daumenhoch: and should be in the mix and the same for zippster  :daumenhoch: well this week anyway  ;D

I'm not sure what all the wind direction changing is all about but after riding my cruiser round Daggers on Saturday I decided that 30+ would be better suited to me. I can't manual a cruiser because they're too long in the wheelbase and I'm a bit taller than Spen.  :LolLolLolLol:

Besides I think the level of competiton will be far greater in Masters than 30-39 Cruisers, especially with the likes of Russ and Miles to race against.  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Good on you guys for upping your game and riding in new school classes  :daumenhoch:

Some of you are too fast for OS these days, and that showed on Sunday.

spillers#1

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30 PM »
The way i see it mike everyone can race new and old skool  :daumenhoch: i raced my old skool at braintree and it was brilliant  :4_17_5: what i want to see is people who came back to the sport riding the bikes they rode 20 odd years mixing it with new school and showing that you can still be fast and competitive being middle aged  :daumenhoch: all 8 finalists in old skool on sunday looked very fast and rode with a lot of skill  :daumenhoch: wouldn't it be great to get some of the young hot shots to do a one off race on old skool bikes  :4_17_5: i would love to watch guys like dan whyte,micheal pinnock etc having a laugh and racing our old skool bikes.  :D

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 08:33 PM »
^^^^^ Yeah Batey,Bancroft,Mapp mixin' it up for one race on the Old Skool,Flats n 1" headsets...lets see em then!!  :daumenhoch:

ZippyDixon

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Go for it fella's,30+ is the way to go,you can still do the OS too......prob be a tad hard at first but will improve ya fitness no end.....on Sunday at BAD it was a 25+ class but the big majority of those were 30+'ers.......do it....you know it makes sense  :daumenhoch:
     Stu

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 08:39 PM »
I think the upper level of old school riders have now perhaps become too fast for the rest of the guys and it may even be a little intimidating to get up on the gate with some of us. I don't want that to sound big headed or arrogant because I don't mean it that way but there's a lot of guy's that would love to race that may be put off by only being beginners.

There's also a few of us that could really benefit from stepping out of the comfort zone and pushing ourselves to evolve. I was really chuffed with how I rode this weekend but on the way home thought about where I go from here. I've just beaten some of the best old schoolers in the country and I need to find a new more difficult challenge in order to keep the interest going.

I'm not saying I won't race old school anymore because I will, but I think this is the last year I take it seriously before making a permanant switch to 30+ and leaving the old school class to tracks like Hersden.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  30+ Masters

gfxgfx
gfx gfx