gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 01:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  round head redline flite crank bolts availability????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: round head redline flite crank bolts availability????????  (Read 661 times)

kowalski

round head redline flite crank bolts availability????????
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:45 PM »
this is my single pinch flite arm

and here is a modern day flite arm

the question is this .........can you get the nice rounded allen bolt from the first piccy for new school flites?????
 i know the fittings are different between the two but does anyone know of a company that produces the correct size ones as i think the old style look a lot nicer  :daumenhoch:

regards daryl

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: round head redline flite crank bolts availability????????
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Yes, try MarkJ he has some for sale and knows where to get them from  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

selfpreservation

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Yes, try MarkJ he has some for sale and knows where to get them from  :daumenhoch:
yep wat he said

kowalski

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:02 PM »
awesome fellas thankyou  :4_17_5:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:25 PM »
does he as i could do with a couple for me prolines flights

mark 2

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:48 AM »
I thought my ears were burning..... :LolLolLolLol:

Well, I had this dilemma the other day. I used a new spindle on an os bike with 401 arms. And the bolt was obviously the new one and thought it looked shit and just made the 401's look twin pinch. You can't use the old standard of bolts because the pitch (threads per inch) is all out and you'd bugger up your spindle. But I don't think the new redline spindle is the metric (M) screw thread either it seems too fine compared to the M bolts I tried with it. I'll do what I can to find out what it is and source what you need.  For now though I got 401 bolts and grinded the thread off, wrapped some electrical tape so the spindle thread bites into that and screwed that in. The bikes not going to get ridden so it at least looks correct now.

kowalski

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 08:28 AM »
come on mark cutting off threads and duck taping bolts into position, fook me fella where did you park your horse this morning......yeeehhaarrrr  :LolLolLolLol:

please let us know when the correct bolts have been sourced  :daumenhoch:
i think the drugs are starting to get to you mate  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  round head redline flite crank bolts availability????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx